Graphical & Digital Imaging Processing Specialist (Security Holograms)
Purpose of the Job:
Do you have experience of Digital Image Processing? Are you interested in Holographics Technology? Would you like to be part of a team who is working on technology to overcome counterfeiting or illicit reproduction?
We have an opportunity to join our holographic team responsible for the creation of advanced industry differentiating holographic or diffractive images. You will be involved in the innovation of novel image effects.
What you will be doing:
What we are looking for:
- You will be generating master image plates using the techniques of direct write lithography or holographic interferometry as appropriate.
- Customisation and conversion of standard artwork files or layers into more specialised image frames and subsequent interlacing into either one or two-dimensional image data files.
- Involved in using vector design software and bit-map oriented image processing software and the creation or interpretation of image generating macros that are compatible with those software platforms.
- This role will also be responsible for undertaking certain ad hoc duties not directly related to the generation of master plates but necessary to maintain the overall function of the department.
- Preparation of graphic data files to be uploaded to the lithography systems application software for conversion to holographic exposure files.
- The graphical preparation will be typically be done using standard vector drawing packages such as CorelDraw or a raster graphics (pixel-based image) editor such as Photoshop or Photo-Paint.
- The use of proprietary interferometric methods and procedures to generate high security holographic imagery on master recording plates.
- The generation of master production plates within standard process times.
- Degree in Physics, or another science or engineering degree with some specialism in optics, microlithography or photonics.
- Alternatively, a degree in digital process control or image processing with demonstrated experience or interest in applying this to a lithography environment.
- Some practical experience working with lasers and associated optical components is advantageous.
- The ability to write simple VB scripts and macros for use in vector drawing packages such as CorelDraw.
- A strong interest in creating holographic and diffractive security images and products within a multi-disciplinary environment.
Qualifications and Experience:
Degree in Physics, or another science or engineering degree with some specialism in optics, microlithography or photonics.
Alternatively, a degree in digital process control or image processing with demonstrated experience or interest in applying this to a lithography environment.
Ideally 2-3 years as an industrial scientist or engineer.
Some practical experience working with lasers and associated optical components is advantageous.
The ability to write simple VB scripts and macros for use in vector drawing packages such as CorelDraw.
A strong interest in creating holographic and diffractive security images and products within a multi-disciplinary environment.
About The Company:
Our purpose is to enable every citizen to participate in the global economy – a pretty exciting thing to be part of!
So what exactly do we do?
In our Currency division we are a market leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering banknotes to over 100 countries globally. We spend our time developing exciting and innovative security features, designs and banknotes - produced to the highest standards - that people are proud to use and know they can rely on, today and in the future.
We make around 7.5 billion banknotes every year! And one third of all the banknotes in circulation were designed by De La Rue!
The Authentication part of our business helps to stop illicit trade. This is where physical meets digital; delivering labels and track and trace solutions to help governments and businesses ensure the integrity of their products. This means people can be sure they are buying authentic goods – from luxury brands to bottled water – and helps our customers – rather than those who shouldn’t – protect the revenue they’re entitled to as well as the health and safety of consumers.
We sell around 1.8 billion authentication labels every year – and it’s growing all the time.
With over 200 years’ experience and an exciting future ahead of us, we want to employ people that have an entrepreneurial spirit and a winning mindset. We want to work with people like you from all backgrounds and experiences, to give us the broadest outlook we can. We are looking for people that deliver that extra mile, bringing with them their unique characteristics and abilities. Show us you have what it takes and we’ll reward you with a great place to work side by side with other great people.
Closing 2 August 2020
- Hangar 13
Closing 2 August 2020
- Studio Gobo Limited
Want more Graphical & Digital Imaging Processing Specialist (Security Holograms) jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Retoucher jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Multimedia Designer jobs, Photo Editor jobs, Photo Stylist jobs, Picture Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.