For decades, Samsung has been leading the charge on innovation. We see beauty in achieving excellence and our passion for change fuels our discoveries, inventions, and breakthrough technology. We believe that technology can, and should, make the world a better place, so we create new possibilities for people everywhere, push the limits of what’s possible, and constantly innovate.
At Samsung Electronics America, we take pride in the creativity and diversity of our talented people – they are at the forefront of everything we do. Their skillset and mindset drive our continued success. Only the resilient and resourceful thrive in the daily dose of unexpected at Samsung. We unapologetically push to achieve unforeseen potential in everything we do, both within the workplace and at home. We fearlessly face challenges head-on, conquer the unconquerable, and are comfortable living in the uncomfortable zone. Together we make the impossible possible. Because at Samsung, we Own the Unknown.
Are you ready to #OwnTheUnknown? Join us.
Our Samsung Electronics America Retail Design and Technology Team is a growing and best-in-class organization within Samsung worldwide. We continue to challenge the existing retail models and processes to makes this team the home for talented, driven, and creative professionals, who want to be on the front lines of consumer electronics sales. Our team relishes the opportunity to push Samsung’s retail capabilities to be the new paradigm for consumer engagement. With our partnerships with the top consumer electronics retailers and its own experiential sites, Retail Operations is delivering a consumer experience to maximize both sales and consumer satisfaction.
If you are an individual who looks forward to finding opportunity in the challenges of building the best and most effective retail experience, then Samsung Electronics America’s Retail Operations Team has a fulfilling home and work family for you.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Retail Design Manager, the Graphic Designer position supports the entire Samsung Retail Org to help establish and maintain a new standard for graphic communication in all retail channels. This role will be focused on supporting the retail group both internally as a business resource for presentation materials and initiative decks, and externally with materials for customer presentations, retail displays, and other customer facing assets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Infographic generation from supplied source materials.
- Maintain and adhere to consistent and on-brand graphic assets for the retail organization.
- Develop and enhance templates for internal/external presentation decks and communications to a varying audiences.
- Coordinate graphic needs within internal retail teams and at times internal stakeholders.
- Develop and adjust branded content for channel specific requirements aligning to both external customer and internal brand guidelines and best practices.
- Create graphic solutions for campaign related initiatives.
Background & Competencies Required:
- 4-year degree, or equivalent 2 to 4-year experience, working in a graphic design related field.
- Proficient use of the Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Self-motivated with the ability to track multiple initiatives concurrently in a highly collaborative and cross functional environment.
- Will need to be results oriented, seek empowerment, and possess an inquisitive nature.
- A comfort with ambiguity and the ability to engage with diverse communication styles will be critical.
- Mature and tactful individual, with the ability to navigate a complex organization and build effective relationships and gain confidence across all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Travel to all US Regions as required, 20-30%.
Skills and Qualifications:
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provides Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Junior Graphic Designer, Le Labo
Closing 16 November 2019
- Estee Lauder
- New York
Sr Graphic Designer- Packaging
Closing 16 November 2019
- Estee Lauder
Want more Graphic Designer jobs?
Want to find more Graphic Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.