Graphic Designer and Communications Specialist
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities:
The Graphic Designer & Communications Specialist for Enterprise Operations and Services organization will provide support to the Communications Leader, focusing on executing strategic graphic design, video development, support to initiatives and campaigns across the organization. This professional will work with internal communications processes, planning and development through execution and will provide support to the Communications Leader on managing and coordinating day to day communications, i.e. all hands meetings, announcements, newsletter, intranet pages, blogs, etc.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual that is able to take action and forge a path forward amidst shifting priorities. You will collaborate with our Enterprise Operations &
Services Communications Leader to design and execute all digital assets (email, social, web, brochures, and presentation decks) and print materials (small collateral to events).
- Understand the EO&S organization and how we are positioned in the IBM ecosystem.
- Work with Communications Lead to develop concepts for internal and external presentations, written and visual content (including graphics and videos), and execute operational communications activities such as w3Publisher updates, metrics and events logistics.
- Produce thoughtful and innovative, brand-perfect work in a fast-paced, at times self-directed environment while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews.
Location: North Castle, NY Office.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience in design for web, mobile, print.
- Ability to work within existing brand guidelines and interested in exploring how to extend the visual language when appropriate.
- Ability to deliver end-to-end design: from concept exploration to delivering production specs and assets.
- Strong understanding and awareness of user experience.
- Deep understanding of design functions - typography, layout, color theory, photography, and copy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or other relevant field.
- 4+ years of experience in Graphic Design.
- Mastery of latest Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with standard office computer programs such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- A nimble attitude — ready to pivot at a moments notice.
- Team player - we work in a collaborative environment where everybody has a voice.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Experience with data visualization and info-graphic development.
- Experience with “motion” design - animations, transitions.
About Business Unit:
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM:
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM:
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Closing 19 December 2019
- Monster Energy
Senior User Researcher, Revenue (Core Advertiser Products)
Closing 19 December 2019
- New York
Want more Graphic Designer and Communications Specialist jobs?
Want to find more Events Designer jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Commissioning Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.