Graphic Designer - NikeThis job listing has expired
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world's best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Product Management and Merchandising employees skillfully operate at the intersection of buyer needs, market trends and industry-defining products. The Product Management team leads the product creation process, manages product lines and drives business objectives. Merchandising employees understand consumer needs and market capacity to create the right product mix for a wide array of in-store and online retail environments. Together, they ensure world-class products and services travel from concept to commerce to help athletes push the boundaries of their potential.
- Graphic Design - Under direction from Design management, uses design skills to create original graphic designs that appropriately reflect Nike's design ethos. These projects include, but are not limited to the development of print, packaging, 3-D retail displays, event signage, logo systems, imagery, video, and collateral materials. Effectively uses computerized systems in design process.
- Project Management - Works with functional teams from initial concept development to final production and distribution. Manages individual projects beginning with attending internal briefings, managing timelines, and scheduling work-back schedules, budget management, supplier coordination, reviewing specs, recommending production alternatives, and maintaining quality production standards.
- Cost Control - Manages both individual projects as well as groups of projects to stay within stated budgets. Estimates all aspects of project development. Offer production alternatives to provide the best product within the defined budget. Negotiates costs, reviews billing and provides budget reconciliation.
- Supplier Liaison - Arrange the purchasing of goods and services from domestic and international vendors. Evaluate vendors. Understand technical aspects, terminology, and equipment involved in film, print, and collateral production.
- Client Liaison - Act as a liaison among Nike managers (Image Design, Marketing, product design, etc.) and outside agencies. Communicates project details, design requirements, scheduling needs, and graphic materials.
- Designer Support - Provides design support for higher level designers as needed.
- 3-5 years of progressively technically sophisticated graphic design experience.
- Proficient abilityto apply and perform graphic design skills, including drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, visual presentation development and layout that is supported by a portfolio of non-computer-based creative art and graphic design.
- Strong familiarity with current trends, color, and design. Must be computer literate using Macintosh computer design applications.
- Effective oral and written communications skills in local market language, including presentations. Ability to work cooperatively with staff, share ideas and develop effective responses. Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment. Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.