Graphic Designer - Madison Reed
430 Shotwell Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Founded in 2013, Madison Reed is a prestige beauty brand revolutionizing the way women color their hair with a fusion of salon-quality, ammonia-free formulas, technology, and personalized service.
Historically, women had two options in hair color: purchase low-quality, cheap hair color from a drugstore, or visit an expensive, time-consuming salon. Madison Reed created a third, radically new option: salon-quality, ammonia-free hair color delivered to a woman’s home so she can do-it-herself for less than $25. But she isn’t alone: Madison Reed provides access to professional, licensed hair colorists who are standing by to review clients’ photos and offer support via phone, email, website, and chatbot.
For women who want more hands-on assistance, they can schedule an appointment at a Madison Reed Color Bar in New York or San Francisco. The Color Bar is the “un-salon” that gets women in and out "un"-believably fast for "un"-believable prices, gorgeous hair color guaranteed. All services are performed by licensed colorists using the same Madison Reed formulas sold online. The company plans to open 20 Color Bars by 2019.
That is what Madison Reed does, but the “why” is more profound. The company’s value proposition is an expression of a deep-seated belief of its founder, Amy Errett. She believes a confident woman is a beautiful woman, and that women should demand more because they deserve more - not just in hair color - but in their lives. Amy believes this so deeply that she named the company after her daughter, Madison Reed.
Madison Reed is a company built on integrity, innovation, responsibility, and love. Headquartered in San Francisco, our team is over 100+ strong. We are backed by leading investors such as Norwest Partners, True Ventures, Comcast Ventures and Maveron.
Design digital assets including web banners, emails, landing pages, digital ads, and more. Ability to design print assets including visual merchandising (for in-store displays). Follow design direction and uphold consistency of the brand across all mediums. Self-starter. Work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced, FUN start-up environment. Proficient in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, Keynote/Powerpoint and After Effects (a plus).
• Present design thinking and work with internal clients and C-level team members. Incorporate feedback. Deliver work on time
• Concept and strategize creative solutions partnering with team members
• Generate a wide range of concepts-- the ability to visually translate a mood board into solid on-brand design assets
• Closely partner with engineering/dev from the onset of projects to collaborating and troubleshooting designs, innovations and/or limitations
• Manage your workflow
• Select on-brand stock photo images
• Demonstrate stellar presentation skills
• Foster positive relationships with internal teams--digital product, product development, social, acquisition, retention, and PR
• Understand, articulate, and strategically apply the latest industry/creative trends and digital best practices
• Solid understanding of digital media, emerging technologies, and new ideas
• Video and storyboarding capabilities. Ability to animate using both frame animation and video timeline tools a plus
• Eagerness to both generate big ideas and roll up your sleeves and get execution work done
• Minimum of 4 years of design experience. • Requires a strong aesthetic sense, ability to conceptualize, perform cross-functionally
• Understanding of visual hierarchy and typography
• Ability to accurately prepare files for both pre-press and digital mediums
• Must have a solid understanding of executing on-brand
• Proactive with assertive communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines
• General knowledge of information architecture and effective usability techniques for web
• Strong conceptual and brainstorming skills
• Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams, providing useful guidance in an enthusiastic and inspiring manner
• Retail (beauty or fashion) experience a plus
Jr Graphic Designer
Closing 14 August 2018
Graphic Designer (Global Flavors) - Pepsico
Closing 7 August 2018
- New York
Want more Graphic Designer - Madison Reed jobs?
Want to find more Creative jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs, Fashion Graphic Designer jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.