Graphic Designer (MCQ)
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
- Researching and proposing photographers & videographers, shoot locations and props in line with the design direction
- Work in collaboration with the Art Director and MCQ strategic vision.
- Creating mood boards and briefs for photographers & videographers, managing all communications with them as and when required.
- Manage all creative projects, across both pre and post-production (including retouch comments, coordinating retouching with the agencies and working to secure sign-off).
- Working closely with Merchandising, E-Commerce and Sales to assist in developing specification lists.
- Attending and assisting on shoots (travel required).
- Preparing all outputs post shoot for initially editing and sign off.
- Leading on the briefing meetings and ensuring we have necessary image usage rights and contracts in collaboration with the Producer.
- Manage with the Art Director the installation of our showroom in Paris / Milan.
- Manage the retouching & creation of pdf lookbooks for the showroom and press.
- Develop and formatting art works and assets for Digital Marketing and E-Commerce in line with media calendar
- Supply designs for any changes/ redesigns on the website.
- Support wholesale partners, stores & franchise in developing designs/artwork for all in-store lightboxes, window displays, pop-up concepts and press days.
- Promoting the vision…
- Mentoring grads…
Skills and Experience:
- A degree or similar in Graphic design / Art direction / Digital design.
- Knowledge in code- based/ generative work.
- Skills in translating 3D or video/ animation.
- Strong software proficiency in addition to graphic design (such as Houdini, Touch Designer).
- Inventing, resourceful, code-utilizing visually creative minds.
- A strong visual portfolio in line with the MCQ vision.
- They should be highly proficient in Indesign, photoshop as well as most of the Adobe creative suite.
- Influencing the stakeholders…
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Closing 7 December 2019
Closing 5 December 2019
- temp, temp to perm
Want more Graphic Designer (MCQ) jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Graphic Designer - Production jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Packaging Artworker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.