Graphic Designer, BBC Sport
From the FIFA World Cup to Winter Olympics, The FA Cup, 6 Nations and Wimbledon, BBC Sport is at the heart of the world’s major sporting events. Throw in our flagship shows such as Match of the Day, Sports Personality of the Year, and the success of the Rio Olympics, and we truly have a portfolio to shout about.
We are now looking for a Graphic Designer to work with our Graphics Team.
- Create innovative, effective and high spec design solutions within brand, within brief and within budget for both templated and non-templated graphics across all platforms.
- Undetake relevant research for programme content material and ensure editorial, grammatical and spelling accuracy
- Populate and maintain the BBC Sport Graphics Central database.
- Develop and maintain relationships with production teams. Anticipate their needs, suggest ideas, identify potential problems and provide suitable alternatives where appropriate.
- Understand BBC Sport brand strategy and importance of delivering cross-platform solutions within the brand.
- Ensure correct and successful interpretation of graphic design brief with production including time scale and budget.
- To keep abreast of the latest innovative developments and tools in broadcast graphics and share information, ideas and best practice with all stakeholders.
- To pitch and present design ideas for graphics tenders working in collaboration with the editorial teams and Creative Lead.
- To provide onsite graphics support at OBs if required and understand delivery formats for Post Production and live playout.
- To project manage and organise own workload efficiently, being able to prioritise requirements to transmission deadlines and in order of importance in a high pressure environment.
- To have experience of working with 3D design packages and have a general understanding of modeling practices within VR environments.
- To work weekend shifts on rotation with other Designers.
Are you the right candidate?
You will have experience of working in the broadcast graphics industry in a design capacity, with a practical knowledge of all relevant graphics software. Ideally you will have experience of working with 3D design packages and have a general understanding of modelling practices within VR environments. You will also have a technical knowledge of connectivity between graphics systems, editing facilities, software and an appetite for wanting to learn and keep up to date with the latest innovative tools in graphic design.
In addition, you will have a proven ability to manage relationships across multiple teams and will be an effective and highly motivated team player with a flexible approach and strong multi-tasking skills.
Additionally, you will keep abreast of new developments in broadcast graphics and share information, ideas and best practice with all stakeholders across BBC Sport.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output.
About the BBC:
Diversity matters at the BBC. We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all individuals. And we promote flexible working opportunities where operational needs allow.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.