Graphic Designer - Asos
Empowering 20-somethings to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things
At ASOS our 2,000+ ASOSers are immersed in the creative worlds, live on their mobiles and have a truly entrepreneurial attitude. As a company, we’re not trying to mimic or profit from youth culture – we are part of that youth culture.
There’s nothing that excites us more than finding talent, fuelling it, then letting it fly. Whether it’s developing the careers of our staff or investing in a new tech platform, we love knowing that we truly keep fashion moving forward.
Ultimately, we get excited by interesting individuals and we want to feed this individuality, empowering our people and customers to look, feel and be their best so they can achieve amazing things.
You should be a confident designer who takes end to end design briefs in their stride. You will have good layout, typography skills and experience in a design environment. A good understanding and demonstrated skills with UI/UX is also useful. Your design skills and styles are extremely versatile, and you are flexible and happy to work in a fast changing environment.
You must be proactive and able to work independently, research and initiate exciting projects of your own.
You should have loads of original ideas and be able to articulate them clearly in team meetings and brainstorms. You will be aware of emerging technology and how we can utilise them for ASOS.com.
You will have a BA/HND or equivalent in graphic/web design and an outstanding portfolio. You’ll have great attention to detail, be driven and willing to adapt to change and go the extra mile. You’ll be diplomatic, be forthcoming with ideas and initiatives, enthusiastic and a team player and a first class communicator able to speak to different people in a variety of departments.
What you’ll be doing...
- Design and execution of creative projects as briefed
- Understand creative vision of department as directed by Head of Creative and Lead Designer
- Actively aware of all areas of design across fashion, trends, lifestyle and brands
- Be a source of inspiration by bringing new ideas and concepts to work
- Support colleagues
- Actively responsive to fluctuating business workloads
- Contribute to other team member’s workload as directed
- Raise workload/resource issues
- Ensuring all projects are executed within time line and schedule
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments
- Work with Concept, Content, Project Management and Marketing teams to design and deliver excellent visual site imagery with quality and performance.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate seasonal concepts and brand identity, as well as the design and production of screen layouts, colour palettes, interface elements, iconography, typography, style guides, etc.
We’d love to meet someone with…
- A BA/HND (or equivalent experience) in graphic design and an outstanding portfolio
- Previous experience in a design role
- Highly creative
- Superb layout and typography skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to think creatively and explain work to team members.
- Good multitasking skills.
- Fast worker that can uphold attention to detail.
- Mac literate
- Fully conversant in Adobe CS5 (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Artworker (Print) - Asos
Closing 8 August 2018
- ASOS plc
Graphic Designer for SmartAssistant
Closing 11 August 2018
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.