Graphic Design Artworker (12 Month FTC)
Sainsbury’s Property team is responsible for all Sainsbury’s trading and non-trading property assets, including supermarkets, convenience stores, and offices, industrial and retail depots. It all adds up to give us responsibility for the 4th largest retail estate by number of shops (Over 2,100, and still growing) and the 2nd largest by floor area.
Our in-house graphic design team provides a proactive and reactive resource supporting the wider Property and Commercial Operations Teams on new business initiatives and instore signage projects.
Working closely with the Print Production Manager (team lead) you will be responsible for producing print ready artwork for a number of exciting retail propositions. Activities range from taking the brief, producing creative designs that align to our brand guidelines to producing/updating specifications that enable projects to land across our stores smoothly.
Communication is key and expectations are high. Essential to your success is a regular drumbeat of project updates providing real clarity to all stakeholders (from store colleagues up to director level) in a consistent and compelling way.
As well as understanding design for print, you will need to be an experienced presentation specialist providing visual packs used for engaging the wider business on projects the team are delivering.
More about the role:
- Manage all allocated jobs from brief to sign off; from supplied artworks or preparing your own artwork for print ready PDFs.
- Ensure all files are artworked and ready for printing and meet our standards
- Artworking using existing templates and development of new ones that meet the project brief
- Produce detailed project install packs to support project delivery in stores.
- Offer technical advice regarding pre-press where necessary to the wider team.
- Have a clear understanding of Sainsbury’s brand design language, guidelines and the customer journey in our stores
- Ensure all deadlines are met according to production dates
More about you:
- Graphic Design degree or industry recognised equivalent qualification.
- Creative Suite:
- Indesign - you should be very competent- including familiarity with outputting print ready PDF’s.
- Illustrator & Photoshop- good basic skills essential.
- Experience/knowledge of:
- Print production and artworking.
- Graphic design and retail environments (agency or client side)
- Delivering specific retail and in-store communication.
- Working in a studio/pre-press environment.
- Layout, typography and retouching.
- Understanding technical drawings, elevations and floorplans.
- An understanding of Microsoft packages (Excel and PowerPoint) would also be desirable for compiling briefs.
- Clear grasp of message hierarchy and brand guideline application.
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong stakeholder and project management skills to ensure activity is delivered in full and on time with a high level of professionalism.
What you'll get in return:
We support our colleagues through on-going personal development programmes. We truly believe in our people and offer a wide range of opportunities to progress within the company.
When joining us you’ll also receive a host of great benefits. As well as a competitive salary, rewarding bonus scheme, you will receive a huge range of learning and development opportunities, 22 days’ holiday, a save-as-you-earn scheme, pension and staff discounts at Argos, Sainsbury’s and Habitat.
Work-life balance is important to us, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. We trust them to decide how, where and when they work, combining remote and collaborative working with a flexible approach to hours, giving them plenty of time and space for life outside of work whilst delivering against our business goals.
Want more Graphic Design Artworker (12 Month FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Artworker jobs, Creative Artworker jobs, Graphic Designer jobs, Pre Press Artworker jobs, Print Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.