Graduate UX Designer
A UX Designer I plays a supporting role, typically under the guidance of a more senior designer, on projects that are small to medium in scope. She/ he suggests new design patterns but primarily works within pre-existing frameworks.
Customer (or User) Focus:
• Understands how UI design impacts the overall user experience.
• Is familiar with and can use customer frameworks (e.g. Jobs To Be Done, personas, journey maps).
• Keeps up to date on news/incidents and understands what is happening in the market and with competitors.
Creative Problem Solving:
• Asks the right questions to explore the problem.
• Independently identifies different creative solutions.
• Considers the problem from a number of angles.
• Contributes to discussions about the future of the product or organisation.
• Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role.
• Iterate on defined user experience concepts and components for the product or project using tools such as wireframes, prototypes, and process flow diagrams.
• Works with UX Researcher to understand the user needs.
• Assist in the developing concepts for the customer-facing product/application.
• Work closely with visual designers and web developers to ensure the UX is implemented as designed.
• Implement basic UCD solutions/processes.
• Works with existing design patterns and style guides, occasionally introducing new patterns.
• Can clearly articulate design rationale and concepts
Data Driven Analysis & Testing:
• Proactively uses data to establish key metrics for projects.
• Explores data from analytics packages, customer insight or other sources to understand context of research work.
• Regularly tests design work with users in partnership with UX Research team.
• Iterates research methods based on testing and data analysis.
• Has a good knowledge of the tech stack of the product or organisation.
• Uses relevant tools for communicating designs to developers).
• Uses design software (Axure, Sketch, Invsion) to intermediate level.
• Proactively identifies needs for training in technical skills.
• Understands the nuances of designing for different platforms.
• Uses relevant tools for communicating designs to developers.
• Is curious and keen to learn and develop new ideas, skills and knowledge
• Acts on feedback to improve him/herself
• Looks for developmental opportunities in day-to-day work
• Invests time and energy in self-development (professional qualifications , relevant reading, networking meetings, etc.)
Solves Problems and Analyzes Issues:
• Is able to ask effective questions and collect facts from multiple sources in order to solve problems
• Is able to effectively identify and analyze problems and propose solutions
• Effectively manages day-to-day issues and problems without intervention
• “Brainstorms“ with others to look for different approaches to current process and tasks
• Looks for opportunities to develop new ideas or thinking within own role
• Experiments with new ideas as part of role
Communicates Powerfully and Prolifically
• Demonstrates effective conversational skills, including active listening and questioning
• Shares information relevant to own role
• Participates in team presentations
Collaboration and Teamwork:
• Develops co-operative working relationships within the team
• Considers how own style affects others and tailors interactions accordingly
• Looks for ways to develop mutually beneficial relationships across teams
• Is approachable and friendly
• Asks for opinions of others
• Participates in formal and informal gatherings to meet new people and develop new relationships
Experience (US Only) and Education:
Suggested Minimum Years of Experience: 2-4 years
Education to Qualify:
RELX is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact us.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Junior Designer - Placement Year
Closing 30 January 2023
- Sports Direct
Graduate UX Content Designer
Closing 15 January 2023
start September 2023
- perm, remote
Product Designer - Mid Level
Closing 29 January 2023
- William Hill Plc
Want more Graduate UX Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.