German Copywriter - 12 Month FTC
White Stuff was established in 1985 through a simple idea. This idea grew and now we have shops and concessions in the UK and internationally, selling women’s and men’s clothing as well as beautiful accessories and homeware. Our original prints (all designed in house), intricate details and considered design touches reflect our personality and make us subtly distinctive.
Our people are at the heart of our brand, constantly moving and driving us forward. We’re sociable, talented and like minded and we’re not hierarchical or political in how we do business. We encourage entrepreneurial ideas and accountability at all levels.
Who you are:
A German speaker with native proficiency, you are an experienced writer, able to produce sparkling copy at speed and bring content to life for the German audience. You understand fashion and fashion terminology, and are enthusiastic about furthering the brand in an exciting international market.
Primary objective of the job:
In this creative, varied and fast-paced role, you’ll produce impeccable German copy for our website and marketing channels. You’ll translate and transcreate, adapting content for the German audience and helping evolve our tone of voice. With experience in ecommerce, you’ll play an integral role in influencing sales and brand awareness for this territory.
What you’ll be doing:
- You are responsible for all German copy: writing for the website, emails, in-store, print and paid social, as well as brand pieces and editorial-style features.
- You write clean, accurate and informed product descriptions for our website that will increase conversion across womenswear, menswear, kidswear and homeware.
- You have an excellent understanding of the German market and our target customer. You conceptualise and adapt content so it’s perfectly tailored to our target customer groups.
- With impeccable knowledge of grammar, you self-sub your own work and proofread final copy.
- You evolve and shape our tone of voice.
- You contribute to campaign concepts and write compelling copy that tells the story.
- You handle multiple projects and deadlines at once in a fast-paced environment.
- You work on ad-hoc projects such as street style.
- You work with the International Marketing Manger to bring fresh ideas to the table for expanding the German market.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrable copywriting experience, preferably in an ecommerce environment.
- Confident German writer. Native German speaker or bilingual.
- Previous experience in a fashion environment with knowledge of garment construction, textiles and fashion product terminology.
- Experience in writing different types of copy, editing and proofreading. High attention to detail. Can accurately self-sub own work.
- Creativity, ingenuity and humour: full of ideas and not afraid to step out of your comfort zone to produce creative and articulate copy.
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for the German market and reaching new audiences.
- Good understanding of best practice SEO
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Great communication skills, excellent time management and the ability to independently balance multiple tasks and deadlines at any given time.
- Self-starter and collaborative. Enjoy working with colleagues across multiple departments.
What we will offer you:
As a Copywriter at White Stuff you will be entitled to an array of great benefits, some of which include:
- Hybrid working
- Quarterly/Annual bonus opportunity
- Up to 33 days holiday per annum
- 2 extra (paid!) days off per year to volunteer in the local community
- 50% discount
- Subsidised BUPA Dental Insurance
- Healthcare cash plan and Life Assurance
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Pension Contribution
We are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be ourselves. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Editor, T Brand International
Closing 20 July 2022
- The New York Times
Closing 9 June 2022
Closing 9 June 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.