Generalist - Expression Of Interest
Position at Industrial Light & Magic.
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The Generalist demonstrates a strong base of knowledge in 3D Computer Generated Imagery Creation. Successful candidates will display a high degree of proficiency across multiple areas including: modelling, lighting, texturing, shading/look development, FX, matte painting, animation and rendering.
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG shots such as modeling, shading, texturing, lighting, FX and rendering.
- Creating models, textures and photo-realistic digital matte paintings.
- Lighting and scene assembly for other shots or assets as required, including characters and animation.
- Work in conjunction with VFX and CG Supervisor to develop the look and feel of the shot.
- Communicate with production on a regular basis and provide aesthetic feedback when required.
Education / Experience:
- High level knowledge across multiple CG techniques including but not limited to: animation, FX, modeling, texturing, lighting, matte painting, rendering, shading.
- Minimum two years VFX pipeline experience having worked on at least one feature-film.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Maya and Arnold.
- Be comfortable with both the creative and technical aspects of CG work.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality output.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. mel, python).
- Traditional arts background.
- Comfortable with a wide range of software used to create high quality digital environments.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Senior Game Designer
Closing 2 August 2020
Lead Lighting Artist
Closing 2 August 2020
Want more Generalist - Expression Of Interest jobs?
Want to find more Lighting Designer jobs, 3D Modeller jobs, CG Animator jobs, CG Lighter jobs, CG Modeller jobs, CG Painter jobs, CG Renderer jobs, CG Rigger jobs, CG Textures jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Lighting Designer jobs, Lighting Supervisor jobs, Location Lighting jobs, Model Maker jobs, Modelling jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.