Description: Position at Creative Assembly.
Creative Assembly is looking for an Experienced Gameplay Animator to work on our highly successful, multi award-winning Total War series.
The team is looking for a talented, creative animator, able to craft and implement believable Human and Creature animations, whether they’re for epic historical battles or fantasy beasts.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to push your imagination and skills on a series that has won multiple BAFTAs and sold tens of millions.
As part of the animation team you will have ownership of your tasks, from Maya to their implementation in game. You will make sure that the standard of your work is of the highest quality, judging it by its function and appearance in game, not in a playblast. You will be able to creatively interpret and apply reference when no direct reference is available.
Communication, approachability and proactivity is vital in this role, as you will be expected to engage with other disciplines to achieve your vision. An understanding of game pipelines and gameplay mechanics is important in this position.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Experience dealing with gameplay animations and knowledge of implementing animations in-game.
- Understand animation pipelines from conceptual phase to deployment Excellent problem-solving skills with emphasis on proactivity.
- Good hand-key animation skills for both human and creatures.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a small team Ability to receive and apply critique on your work and complete tasks by the assigned due dates.
- Experience of development of a title from start to finish.
- Interest in Total War\Strategy Games.
- A deep understanding of game pipelines and mechanics.
- Motion Capture experience.
- Motion Builder experience.
Please Submit a Portfolio/ Showreel link with your application to be considered for this role.
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist.
We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus.
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise.
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance.
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening.
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme.
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site.
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library.
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen.
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions.
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy.
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers.
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases.
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes.
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy.
We are Creative Assembly:
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Senior Video & Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 17 March 2020
- Stonor Creative
- £4,000,000 to 4,500,000 p/a
Video Editor – Apply through Angel Sharp website only
Closing 20 March 2020
start May 2020
- Angel Sharp Media Ltd
- £26,000 to 32,000 p/a
Want more Gameplay Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.