We have a fantastic new role available for a Games Designer to work on one of our best loved titles from our purpose-build studio near Leamington Spa.
This title is a hugely exhilarating project, containing all the dynamism, creativity and exceptional gameplay experience that Codemasters is known and loved for. We are looking for talent, creativity, commitment and passion to join this high-energy team.
We already have an amazing group of people working together so we are seeking a unique contribution either in the form of inspirational feature design, and / or economy balancing skills. As we now fully embrace service as well as our boxed products, the design challenges are ongoing and you get to continually evolve the franchise from the inside out.
This role would be instrumental in the team in embracing and enhancing the games vision through developing amazing features. The heart and soul of this team and this project is collaboration – with complete freedom to explore, pitch and develop ideas, we are looking for someone who enjoys this for themselves but can also bounce around ideas and actions from the team. It’s a very flat structure here and you are given access to the range of resources within Codies to make your ideas come alive. The possibilities are virtually endless!
- Contribute to design meetings with considered comments and thoughts to the concepts being discussed.
- Ensure that thorough notes are taken and the concepts being discussed are fully understood.
- Make valuable contributions to both the concept and vision of the project.
- Use all sources available to research the allocated area(s) of design.
- Play and review objectively competing products.
- Keep up to date with latest associative gaming trends, design methodologies and production techniques.
- Help coordinating the Games Designers in researching the project.
- Review and report on consumer research.
Balancing, Play Testing & Documentation:
- Documentation - Ensure the design work is documented in accordance with the standards outlined and set by the Game Director/Lead Designer.
- Keep the vision of the game is clear and up to date in all documentation.
- Game Balancing and Play Testing.
- Play test and balance all areas of the game, in line with the vision and direction as set by the Design Team.
- To play and suggest appropriate changes to games currently in development and prototyping.
- To communicate regularly with other development team members on Game Balancing issues.
We’re a diverse team and we would love to hear from all talents from all demographics to keep the creativity and balance alive. If you are stepping up in your career we’d love to support your career ambitions!
Experienced / Senior 3D Artist
Closing 22 September 2020
- Leamington Spa
Senior Technical Animator
Closing 2 September 2020
Want more Game Designer jobs?
Want to find more 3D Modeller jobs, Games Designer jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Gaming Creative Manager jobs, Gaming Design Manager jobs, CG Modeller jobs, Character Animator jobs, Character Designer jobs, Model Maker jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.