Furniture Designer (6 months FTC)
Job Title: Furniture Designer.
Department/Group: Product Design.
Line Manager: Design Director.
Location: 5 Singer Street – Made Head Office.
Contract Type: 6 months cover.
Travel Required: Yes.
Who we are:
At MADE we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Designer at Made,com you will be responsible for managing the bedroom category. You will be designing and developing bedroom cabinet and beds, along with designing for other briefs across the made catalogue. This involves range plan and build, strategically planning core needs to the collection, along with designing trend pieces to bring to market. You will report to the Design Director for your area and help in the following areas.
- Leading the strategic and creative direction of the bedroom category.
- Working with buyers on seasonal range reviews, giving creative direction to their core strategic requirements and leading the visual presentation to ensure on brand and consistent presentation across categories.
- Providing design, product development and technical knowledge to the team and wider team of buying, merchandising and technologists.
- Producing commercially successful and design lead designs to tight timelines.
- Problem solving and re-engineering product to help with quality and production issues.
- Clear briefing documents to be sent out for costing and sampling.
- Conducting research and assisting on the creation of seasonal design themes.
- Designing for made.com studio’s seasonal theme based capsule collections, offering design innovation and excitement inspired by current movements in design, fashion and contemporary culture.
- Implementation of seasonal design themes into bedroom for successful commercial product.
- The ability to communicate design and trend work to the wider teams across the business, including buying merch and PR etc.
- Supporting the Design Managers and Design Director in wider company projects.
- Presentations to external and internal teams on design direction and design work.
- Leading the communication and management of external design collaborations for your category.
- Aiding in shoots and styling for product launches.
What you’ll need:
- Significant experience in designing for retail with a qualification or degree in product/furniture design.
- Flexibility to work on different product areas.
- Experience in managing a category.
- Confident presentation skills in both small and big groups is essential.
- 3D Software and Adobe Suite skills.
- Being proactive and enthusiastic.
- Good time management skills.
What we offer:
- A fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects.
- A supportive, diverse company with a brilliant culture.
- Hot and cold drinks and free breakfast provided in the office – (including fruit for the healthy people).
- Regular work drinks along with many social and company events.
- Excellent employee benefits Including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday a year (with an extra day every year served up to a cap of 30 days) and season ticket loan.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com and regular staff sample sales.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Shoreditch!
Associate User Experience Director
Closing 10 December 2019
Closing 1 December 2019
- University of the Arts London
- perm, temp, temp to perm
- £38,694 p/a
Want more Furniture Designer (6 months FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Architect Assistant jobs, Architectural Design Assistant jobs, Architectural Designer jobs, Furniture Designer jobs, Visualiser - Architecture jobs, Visualiser - Interiors jobs, 3D Designer jobs, Visualiser - Digital jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.