Square Enix is one of the world’s leading publishers of video games. This role is based in our London office and will be part of the Digital Platform team, part of the Online Development department, who are responsible for developing the company’s online presence and tech tools.
- Implement server-backed, isomorphic, and/or offline-first rich web applications that behave as native applications allowing the final user to enjoy the experience whichever the device/platform of use.
- Translate technical specifications into clean, reusable, and tested code.
- Apply behavioral and integration testing, as well as thorough monkey testing of the application code.
- Advocate best practices and be proactive in proposing new approaches to improve the application’s capabilities.
Digital Platform team: Senior Manager–Digital Platform, Senior Software Solutions Manager, Developer Manager, Developers, Project Managers, Web Designers.
Online Development: Online Development Director, Senior Manager - Web Development.
Reports to: Senior Software Solutions Manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven professional front end development experience.
- Good working knowledge of Server Side Rendering and isomorphic web applications design and implementation.
- Working experience with offline first thick client applications.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Computer science or software engineering university qualifications.
- Web development experience in a creative industry.
- Knowledge of dos and don’ts of service workers.
- Web development experience in some segment of the videogames industry.
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (SASS/LESS).
- Experience with mobile development (both iOS and Android).
Competencies, Skills and Attributes:
- Team player.
- Proven ability to manage technical projects with competing demands from different stakeholders.
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple tasks simultaneously so as to meet all deadlines.
- Interest in graphic design and visual arts.
- Understanding of video game industry.
- Valid passport for travel.
- Keen interest in the gaming industry.
Please note that Square Enix does not accept speculative candidate submissions from recruitment agencies.
Front End Developer
Closing 11 July 2019
Closing 13 July 2019
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.