Appnovation helps brands thrive through innovative, people-inspired experiences and solutions. By embracing the powerful combination of technology and agility, we seamlessly integrate strategy, experience, design, development and analytics.
We create standout digital experiences by collaborating with brands to understand the individual challenges and goals for every initiative. Focusing on our clients’ customers, we effectively combine empathy, evidence and real-world insight so that solutions are derived from truth and meaning. Appnovation is an award-winning team dedicated to inspiring possibility.
As a Frontend Developer, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team, building web and mobile applications as well as providing strategy consulting for Appnovation’s clients. We are looking for people who can bring a strong, consulting and solution focused mindset and contribute to architectural decisions, best practices and get things done.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software engineering, web and/or mobile development experience.
- Experience with one of React, Angular or Vue.js. (Vue.js preferred).
- Experience working with HTML5 and CSS3, responsive design, flexbox, SCSS, SASS or LESS.
- Experience building web components (for e.g. custom elements, shadow dom).
- Experience with third party UI libraries (for e.g. Bootstrap, Material UI).
- Experience with making sites accessible.
- Experience with tagging for Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles, processes and tools (eg. Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Travis CI).
- Understanding of Cloud Computing and Serverless Architecture, preferably AWS.Understanding of agile principles and methodologies.
Nice To Have:
- Experience working with AWS SAM, AWS Lambda.
- Experience working with PHP & last three versions of Laravel.
- Experience writing Python scripts and pytest.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases. (for e.g. MySQL, MongoDB, Couchbase, DynamoDB, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with stencil.js, storybook preferable.
- Experience with PrimeVue.
- Understanding of Node.js, Express.
- Experience with TDD.
Who You Are:
- You think about how to scale, automate and operate, not just how to build a solution to an immediate problem.
- You understand lean thinking.
- You set high standards for code quality, performance/scalability and security and seek continuous improvement.
- You have solid analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- You have customer first mindset and a devotion to customer service.
- You engage and build positive internal and external client relationships, while managing multiple initiatives, often with competing priorities.
- You have strong self-initiative, passion, interpersonal, oral and written communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work, influence and make an impact in a cross-functional environment with all levels of the organization.
- You are responsive and thrive in a fast-paced diverse high-performance environment with rapidly changing business needs.
- You actively seek out things outside your comfort zone with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- You have prior experience in consulting.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Appnovation Technologies! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appnovation is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 23 January 2022
Tech Lead - Backend Developer
Closing 19 January 2022
- Vancouver, Toronto
- CAD Undisclosed
Full Stack Developer
Closing 19 January 2022
- Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal
- CAD Undisclosed
Want more FrontEnd Developer jobs?
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.