Here at Pretty Little Thing, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. Regardless of race, gender, sexuality, style or budget – there’s something for everyone! We want our customers to feel confident in the way they dress and to embrace the way they look. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What We Need:
- Reporting to the Lead French Copywriter the French Copywriter will play a fundamental role in the day to day management of the French eCommerce site and French Copywriters team.
- As a member of our expanding Product team, your day-to-day activities will predominantly include creating French product descriptions as well as creating and maintaining French category copies, taking into account all SEO requirements. Additional tasks include translations for the website and social media platforms as per requested by different teams in the business.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and deliver clear brand tone across the French website, creating innovative, original copy content to inspire our customers.
- Owning all French copy for product descriptions for PrettyLittleThing ensuring set targets are processed per week.
- Responsible for daily Product checks and emails proofreading to ensure copy accuracy.
- Responsible for adding/creating SEO meta descriptions, titles and tags for new season launches, new categories and category updates, creating and updating urls when necessary.
- Monitor and action any changes requested to product descriptions.
- Ensure all French category copy is relevant and up to date regarding products, seasonality and trends to maximise SEO performance.
- Update and create tools or documents to keep improving processes and help the French team.
- Communicate with the wider business to ensure all information displayed on the website is accurate.
- Support the Senior French Copywriters to complete tasks or projects including translations, Beauty brands descriptions and creation of original content for social media.
- Provide the French Team with support in larger business projects.
- Be reactive to daily workload and last-minute requests from the wider business.
- Work alongside the Product Team to deliver objectives, identify opportunities and seek out efficiencies.
- Work alongside the wider team to meet daily publishing targets.
What You've Got
- Native French speaker
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Creative flair and a proactive, flexible can-do attitude
- Highly organised with attention to detail
Due to the evolving nature of our organisation, this job description is not exhaustive. While this job description will be reviewed and updated periodically, the job holder may from time to time be required to carry out tasks which are not detailed in this document.
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we’re continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior UX Writer
Closing 19 October 2021
Closing 19 October 2021
Senior Content Writer
Closing 8 November 2021
- Expedia Group
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.