Footwear Designer 2, Performance Running
SPEED & SPIRIT is what we look for in our candidates, defined by some simple values that inspire us to BE DRIVEN in our performance, BE VIBRANT in our sporting legacy, BE TOGETHER in our team spirit, and BE YOU to let our individual talent and experience shine. Applying for a job at PUMA is easy and all genders are welcome. Simply click APPLY ONLINE and follow the steps to upload your application.
- The Footwear Designer 2, Performance Running position will be responsible for meeting seasonal and category design objectives within the parameters of the PUMA International timeline.
- The candidate will design into the Performance Run footwear category by combining the applied logic of biomechanics, provocative and enduring style to bring unique products to market.
- Conceptualize new Performance Running footwear designs.
- Provide Running market research and design trend analysis inclusive of North America, Europe and Global regions.
- Prepare design review presentations.
- Execute footwear design detailing and technical packages.
- Design and specify trend relevant color and material options.
- Refine and finish footwear designs through multiple prototyping process.
- Prepare original designs and execute to the highest level of quality without direct supervision.
- Minimum 4-year College/University degree in Industrial Design or related field.
- 3-5 years product design experience in the Performance Running category.
- Understand footwear manufacturing materials and processes.
- A strong sense of biomechanical and user centric design solutions for runners.
- Demonstrate a high level of understanding in consumer trends, retail/market/product line dynamics and how the products you design affect those environments.
- Strong drawing, rendering and presentation skills.
- Refined design conceptualization and communication skills.
- Competency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel and work internationally 25% yearly.
PUMA supports over 14,000 employees across 120+ countries. The PUMA Group owns the brand PUMA, Cobra Golf and stichd, and is headquartered in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Closing 27 May 2020
- Sony Music Entertainment
- New York
Product Design Director
Closing 26 May 2020
- San Francisco
Want more Footwear Designer 2, Performance Running jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Accessories Designer jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Footwear Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.