Footwear Assistant Designer - Alexander McQueenThis job listing has expired
Alexander McQueen is currently looking for an Assistant Women’s Footwear Designer to join its creative team in its London Head Office.
The Assistant Footwear Designer will work alongside and support the Senior Footwear Designer and the Head of Footwear Design through every aspect of the design process from concept to creation, product knowledge and development. This is an exciting and varied role that requires an individual who thrives in working in a fast paced environment.
- Actively contributing to design meetings
- Image researching for seasonal themes, trends and inspiration
- Creating highly detailed sketches and technical drawings
- Making swatches/ mockups/ trials
- Photoshop renderings
- Illustrator artworks
- Embroidery placements
- Photographing and organizing prototypes and samples
- Maintaining and updating archives
- Coordinating with the Women’s Footwear Graduate Trainees, providing support, motivation and guidance
- Prepare specs and FTS sheets and proactively manage the Footwear Design administration
Technical Knowledge Required:
- Very good hand drawing skills
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office,
- Confident and efficient user of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Good machine and hand sewing skills
- Ability to interpret the Creative vision - a natural understanding of the Alexander McQueen DNA, its aesthetic and creative direction
Skills and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 3 years of proven work experience in shoe design within a luxury brand, preferably in a women’s RTW brand
- A strong team player with good communication skills and a flexible approach
- The highest level of attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines, successfully prioritising tasks and requests
- Flexibility to travel when required
- Enthusiastic and passionate approach with a “can do” mind-set
Alexander McQueen offers its employees the chance of being part of a unique, dynamic and growing business, which provides exciting challenges and development opportunities in an international environment. In addition to this, Alexander McQueen offers great benefits such as (but not limited to) a lunch allowance, private individual medical cover, life insurance, a pension scheme, gym flex, a clothing allowance and a generous discount on Alexander McQueen and other Kering Group brands’ merchandise.
We thank all applicants and each application will be considered for the role, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Art Editor - Hearst
Closing 18 July 2018
Mid-Senior Digital Designer (Beauty)
Closing 13 July 2018
- RedSofa London
- £35,000 to 45,000 p/a
Want more Footwear Assistant Designer - Alexander McQueen jobs?
Want to find more Digital Illustrator jobs, Fashion Design Assistant jobs, Fashion Designer jobs, Fashion Stylist jobs, Fashion Product Developer jobs, Illustrator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.