Finishing Video Editor (Versioning) - Channel 5 and Comedy Central
ViacomCBS Networks International (VCNI), a unit of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. ViacomCBS brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180+ countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.
Finishing Editor – Channel 5 and Comedy Central
Unleash your potential in a place you belong!
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special.
At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more - but it’s our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this the role for you?
In our department we create, design and package high profile multi-platform marketing campaigns for show launches as well as clip-based promos for core Channel 5 and comedy Central shows. We produce channel brands and identities for the Channel 5 portfolio of Channels and Comedy Central.
Your main responsibility would be working with the creative team to package and version their promotional deliverables for on-air and social. You would ensure all material is to spec as well as that all the relevant versions required are produced. You would also be liaising with marketing, media planning and design departments to ensure all relevant versioning information is provided.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring assets are clocked and versioned correctly in After Effects & Premiere before delivering digitally for transmission or any other final destination
- Ensuring assets are correctly interlaced, any GFX are correctly inserted and aspect ratios are correct
- Aligning final audio and ensuring picture sync is correct
- Ensuring all output stays on brand and liaising with the graphics department to facilitate this
- Liaising with creatives & media planning to ensure that versions are correct at time of delivery
- Ensuring deliveries are made as ahead of transmission as possible
- Review workflows to make sure the process is as efficient as it can be
What are we looking for?
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Practical experience of the TV and post-production environment
- Experience of technical and eyeball QC for broadcast and social content delivery
- Experience running PSE checks on content
- Understanding of quality control, what is and isn’t technically acceptable for on-air and online
- Understanding of design principles including typography, colour theory and layout
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-moving and creative department
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload in a constantly shifting environment
- Ability to identify and flag potential issues at the earliest opportunity.
- Knowledge of Channel 5 brand
- Ability to work within a creative team and interact in a friendly and professional way with other departments.
- Desirable if you have a link to a showreel that showcases your versioning and editing skills
- Strong knowledge of Premiere Pro
- Good knowledge of After Effects
- Excellent spelling and grammar
- Practical editing experience within a broadcast environment
- Experience in clocking content, aligning final audio and ensuring that picture sync is correct
- Video and Audio codec knowledge
- Media formatting knowledge
- Familiar with Adobe illustrator, Photoshop and Media Encoder
- Knowledge of MAC and PC software
- Basic colour grading knowledge is an advantage.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You’ll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we’re doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
- A monthly streaming fund
- All the health and financial benefits you’d expect, and some you wouldn’t
- Flexibility to own the way you work
- Mental health activities and support
- All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination:
We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead.
Inclusivity & Collaboration:
We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges.
Agility & Adaptability:
We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what’s next.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously.
To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining. Should you need any support during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter or email where we will support your request as suitably possible.
Additionally, we are proud to partner with a number of incredible communities and if you have a disability or a long-term condition (including hidden conditions such as mental health, autism, dyslexia, etc) that would need an adjustment; either in the application process, the interview process, the onboarding process or day to day, our amazing partner Evenbreak can provide additional help and advice to disabled candidates who may be interested in our vacancies.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Motion Graphics Artist
Closing 16 March 2022
- AO World PLC
Senior Video Editor - YouTube
Closing 19 March 2022
- LADbible Group
Closing 13 March 2022
- Design Bridge
Want more Finishing Video Editor (Versioning) - Channel 5 and Comedy Central jobs?
Want to find more Editor jobs, Avid Editor jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.