Based in Canary Wharf
A highly prestigious and global financial services company based in the heart of Canary Wharf are looking for an experienced Editor to join their established editorial team within the companies Publishing Group. This role is initially going to be a 6-month contract; however, this will be with the view of being made permanent after the initial 6 months. The position will be based in the busy and lively editorial team working closely with other Editors, the team publishes research and press releases to the company’s website and works closely with the desktop formatters and an offshore support team; this role will also involve adjusting elementary formatting in research reports using Microsoft Word, Excel and Visio.
This new Financial Editor role not only offers a generous basic annual salary, but also comes with an exceptional perks, benefits, and annual bonus.
Some of the core responsibilities are as follows:
- Edit research reports for content, grammar and style, structure, under deadline pressure.
- Liaise closely with analysts to produce a quality, finished product.
- Check final documents to ensure all information (text and graphics) is clear and accurate.
- Ensure research documents are appropriately indexed and passed along to production
- or archived in the research database correctly.
- Help to manage research reports through to completion, including consistency of fundamental ratings information on reports and in databases.
- Provide constructive criticism to analysts on structure, grammar.
- Edit Wire stories, which require fast turnaround.
- Edit press releases.
- Maintain quality standards by editing content of research reports.
- Coach analysts on style and grammar by providing specific examples, including rewrite of text
- Liaise with analysts to ensure accuracy of text and graphics.
- Liaise regularly with formatting and ratings team members to support accuracy and style standards in the publishing process, especially of template rules.
- Liaise with press team to ensure that press releases and research reports are coordinated
Key skills required for this new role would be a strong knowledge of financial markets, bond/equity markets and credit ratings industry, as well as excellent interpersonal skills. As well as the following:
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management.
- Able to handle multiple research reports and edit within tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work as part of a close-knit team as well as independently.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Motivated and resilient.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
To apply for this great new opportunity please send your CV
Sorry this job has been removed from Creativepool
Content Admin Assistant
Closing 22 June 2018
- Creative Recruitment
- £100 to 150 /day
Proofreader / QC Team Leader
Closing 19 June 2018
- RedSofa London
- £30,000 to 35,000 p/a
Want more Financial Editor jobs?
Want to find more Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, News Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Broadcast Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs, Technical Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.