Film - Lead Animator
Animators produce the motions, gestures and expressions of three-dimensional computer graphic characters and objects for high-end VFX films.
Hear more from Brad, Lead Animator, and Marion, Senior Animator.
- Working closely with the Animation Supervisor to ensure the team are producing high-quality animation which creates compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the film.
- Working closely with the Rigging and Pipeline departments providing suggestions and feedback to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality.
- Animating both primary and secondary characters and elements.
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines.
- Ongoing communication with Production regarding the teams' schedules and deadlines.
- Mentoring and training of more junior artists.
- Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Submitting shots for review and following through with the teams' notes and feedback if required.
- Continuing to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
- Previous experience mentoring or leading a team.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form.
- An understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools.
- The proven ability to work under pressure.
- Being open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable, with good time keeping and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
- Working knowledge of Modeling, Rigging and Mel/Python scripting.
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills.
- Previous experience working with motion capture data.
- Traditional animation and/or art background.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Closing 12 September 2020
Motion Graphics Designer
Closing 9 September 2020
- AO World PLC
- £23,000 to 27,000 per annum
Want more Film - Lead Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.