Film - Animator
Animators produce the motions, gestures and expressions of three-dimensional computer graphic characters and objects for high-end VFX films.
Hear more from Brad, Lead Animator, and Marion, Senior Animator.
- Working closely with the Animation Lead and Supervisor to produce high-quality animation which creates compelling, story-driven and action-packed moments that fit within the style and pacing of the film.
- Working closely with the Rigging and Pipeline departments providing suggestions and feedback to improve character setup, visual quality, rigs and tool functionality.
- Animating both primary and secondary characters and elements.
- Meeting schedules and show deadlines.
- Ongoing communication with Production and Lead regarding schedules and deadlines.
- Working efficiently as part of a team, or independently, to complete assigned shots.
- Submitting shots for review and follow through with notes and feedback if required.
- Continuing to become familiar with new tools, software, data and other related technology.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of Maya.
- An understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, texture and form.
- An understanding of rigs and typical rigging set-ups, animation pipelines and transferring data between tools
- The proven ability to work under pressure.
- Being open to direction and able to embrace change.
- Attention to detail.
- Reliable, with good timekeeping and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to creative collaboration within a team and with other departments.
- Adaptability and the willingness to learn new processes and technical skills.
- Working knowledge of Modeling, Rigging and Mel/Python scripting.
- Previous experience working with motion capture data.
- Traditional animation and/or art background.
- Knowledge of human and animal anatomy as well as life drawing skills.
PLEASE NOTE: we expect intermediate level reels to demonstrate at least 1-2 years experience in VFX or commercials and/or personal work including material from courses such as Animation Mentor or iAnimate.
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.
Closing 1 January 2020
Art Intern (Character or Environment)
Closing 1 January 2020
Want more Film - Animator jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Design Assistant jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.