FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
Fox News is looking for an experienced Field Photographer to join our London Bureau. The Field Photographer will cover breaking news and planned events both domestically and internationally. You will work with other field photographers, field techs, satellite truck operators, engineers, field producers, and reporters. The candidate must be willing and able to travel and work weekends when needed.
Candidates should be comfortable covering breaking news as a one-person team and should also be comfortable covering breaking news as well as protests/riots, rallies, and war zone conflicts with traditional ENG cameras. Candidates must be equally comfortable with large production that includes multi-camera shoots using full sensor cinematic cameras. This includes the lighting techniques associated with high-end production.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In-depth Knowledge of Panasonic & Sony ENG cameras and file workflow operations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Adobe Premier editing
- Lead Multi-camera assignments
- Full frame camera assignments
- Configure audio for single and multiple camera set-ups
- FTP, LiveU, BGAN operations
- Perform satellite, microwave, fiber, and truck transmissions/operations
- Safely driving company-owned and rental vehicles
- Extensive, last minute travel for breaking news
- Nonstandard work schedule, including overtime and weekends
- Drone experience/Part 107 is a plus
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 5+ years of professional experience in the field
- Strong lighting skills and experience with long format shoots
- The flexibility and speed to work in high stress breaking news environment
- Versatile and prepared to work in the bureau one day, shoot and edit the next and operate an easy-to-use auto acquisition satellite truck the 3rd day
- Extensive travel and the ability to deploy at a moment’s notice to support the demands of a 24- hour news operation are essential
- Working knowledge of field audio mixers
- Ability to mix and route audio for multiple camera shoots
- Proficient in mixing Live remotes with IFB communications
- Experience with video photography and non-linear video editing
- Experience with lighting techniques
- Familiar with streaming technologies, satellite news-gathering vehicles
- Willingness to be trained on a transmitting satellite camera crew vehicle
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- A clean driving record is required, CDL a plus
- Willing to be trained to drive a larger vehicle
Flexible work schedule in order to adapt to a 24-hour news organization, including weekends
Willing and available to travel last-minute frequently
A photographer can be asked to operate in hostile environments. The job involves strenuous work and long hours. One must be adaptive and tolerant of changing and difficult situations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Closing 17 July 2022
- Sports Direct
Closing 13 July 2022
Mid-weight Photographer - Model Studio
Closing 30 July 2022
- ASOS plc
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.