Facial Animation Supervisor
This job application remains open even when we don't have roles available. If you would like to be considered, please apply and we will contact you as soon as we have an opening.
With offices all over the globe, MPC is one of the world's leading visual effects (VFX) studios, creating award winning, high-end VFX for the Film and advertising industries.
We are constantly looking for the best talent in the world, enthusiastic people that come in everyday to be a part of some of the best work in the industry. Our teams in London, and throughout our global network of studios, produce creative, visually stunning and technically challenging VFX and digital projects of the highest quality, and we are looking for candidates with a desire to be involved in the success of these projects.
The Animation Supervisor works closely with the VFX Supervisor to set the show standards, identify potential strategies, assess technical options, and evaluate production schedules. The Animation Supervisor participates as a leader and hands-on contributor through all stages of Pre and Post Production.
Every shot that leaves the animation department for approval on a show will first be scrutinized and approved by the Animation Supervisor. They will deliver a myriad of shots to a strict deadline as well as foresee any problems along the way.
- Responsible for the successful completion of Animation on projects.
- Present and discuss work with the clients.
- Identify areas of R&D required for the show.
- Work with Production to manage the day-to-day running of the team.
- Attend desk rounds with all members of the team on a regular basis.
- Run dailies with the team to give feedback/approvals.
- Meet with the Leads on a regular basis to identify and resolve challenges.
- Ensure that all work carried out on the show fits within MPC's pipeline where possible.
- Help bid on the animation component of the show.
- Set-supervision assistance as required.
- Define and split work into sequences.
- Create and maintain wiki page to define Animation specific standards of show.
- Assign shots to animators according to ability and sequence delineation.
- Create or supervise the creation of a master shot.
- Offer technical support/advice rigs and animation tools.
- Ensure continuity and consistency in released shots.
- Provide constant feedback on each shot to production so schedules can be updated.
- Extensive technical and creative experience with Maya.
- Expert understanding of the digital film pipeline.
- Proven technical and creative ability in a feature-film production environment.
- Expert understanding of techniques and technologies related to Animation.
- An eye for character performance and realistic motion.
- A proven track record of facial animation on High-end movies.
- Experience of facial capture is a bonus.
- Open to and enjoys the collaboration of working with the asset facial team and supervisor.
- Experience of using the FACS system workflow.
Please visit our website to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to us and we'll be happy to assist.
Technicolor Is An Equal Opportunity Employer:
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Video Editor - Originals
Closing 2 February 2022
- LADbible Group
Closing 20 December 2021
- Content Creatures
- London / South East / Remote
- perm, from remote
Creative Video Editor
Closing 6 February 2022
- Sports Direct
Want more Facial Animation Supervisor jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Motion Graphics Designer jobs, Motion Graphics Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.