FX Technical Director - Expression Of Interest
Position at Industrial Light & Magic.
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
The FX TD generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems.
- Light complex/multiple creatures (hairy or furry creatures) and elements.
- Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects and enormous crowd shots.
- Excellent pipeline scripting ability.
- Solid compositing ability, can wrangle blue-screen extractions, working knowledge of Nuke.
- Can write plug-ins, debug simulations and write set up and surface shaders with proficiency.
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency.
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency.
- Can pick-up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything.
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
- Create feature film quality effects using Houdini.
- Coaching and mentoring artists in new techniques and efficiencies.
Education / Experience:
- Proven production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent work experience.
- Demo reel required.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision to complete a shot.
- Exhibits excellent listening and communication skills, able to receive direction and criticism.
- Excellent presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot.
- Engages in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent aesthetic eye, anticipating potential problems and using knowledge of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look.
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time very well.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Linux and scripting ability in Python.
- Experience in MEL.
Required Technical Skills / Competencies:
- Advanced simulation experience with Houdini, Maya, or other software, and the ability to write expressions.
- C++ skills.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Closing 3 August 2020
- Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies
Junior UI Motion Designer (FTC)
Closing 1 August 2020
- remote, temp to perm, part time
Want more FX Technical Director - Expression Of Interest jobs?
Want to find more Digital Animator jobs, Digital Technical Director jobs, Digital Technical Manager jobs, Technical Director jobs, Technical Manager jobs, 2D Animator jobs, 3D Animator jobs, Animation Artist jobs, Animation Director jobs, Animation Producer jobs, Animator jobs, CG Animator jobs, Character Animator jobs, Special Effects Animator jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Special Effects Supervisor jobs, Visual Effects jobs, Visual Effects (VFX) Supervisor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.