Expert Scientific Writer
108,000 associates reimagining medicine for more than 799 million people globally. That is also the number of people you may impact as our new internal consultant.
To manage and complete assigned Medical Communications deliverables at high quality standards and in accordance with agreed timelines. Projects include manuscripts, abstracts, posters, slide sets, satellite symposia content, congress or advisory board reports, publication planning and medical education materials for internal medical and/or clinical teams.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• 1Demonstrate a command of assigned therapeutic areas and expertise with assigned products.
• Research and write original content for publications activities (primary and review manuscripts, abstracts, posters), slide presentations and other materials based on direction and materials supplied by customers.
• Prepare meeting materials for satellite symposia (agenda, slide content, speaker briefings etc), and reports from advisory boards and other internal or external meetings.
• Develop content that is scientifically accurate, evidence-based, grammatically accurate, referenced using appropriate sources, and consistent with quality standards for author review, customer review as appropriate, and scientific peer review.
• As needed, perform quality control (QC) checking / proof reading of the above mentioned documents to meet customer expectations.
• Clearly communicate medical scientific concepts in a condensed, audience-appropriate way.
• Follow all internal processes and procedures with regard to workflow, development of deliverables, and adherence to industry best practices, including GPP3.
• Demonstrate the flexibility/adaptability necessary to function on different therapeutic teams as needed and to work on projects across multiple brands at any given time.
• Interpret and apply clinical data in medical communication deliverables.
• Work in conjunction with service team and line manager to develop and adhere to logical and attainable timelines for project completion.
• Provide input and aid in troubleshooting/problem-solving.
• Collate and incorporate author/customers comments.
• Lead and/or participate in author/client teleconferences.
• Provide accurate citations in text (utilizing Reference Manager system), a bibliography, and appropriately annotated references for medical review.
• Participate in strategic and tactical publications planning and related research.
• Work as part of a team; train new colleagues as and when required.
• Supports people and performance management.
• Maintains records for all assigned projects including archiving.
• Maintains audit, SOP and training compliance.
• Performs additional tasks as assigned.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Minimum science degree or equivalent. Desirable: MSc, PhD, PharmD, or MD.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in medical communications.
• Medical writing experience.
• Good understanding of industry work processes for publications.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
Competitive salary, Annual bonus, Strong Work/Life Balance, flexible working, Top UK Employer, Pension scheme, Share scheme, Paid holidays, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, Subsidised Canteen, Employee Recognition Scheme, Sports & Social Club, Learning and development opportunities.
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine.
We announced we will have a new HQ in London; a new state-of-the-art office at The Westworks, in White City. Four business divisions (pharmaceuticals, oncology, Global Drug Development and Novartis Business Services) will be able to come together in one purpose-designed environment. The site will be ready for us by the end of Q4 2019.
For the sixth consecutive year, Novartis been certified a ‘Top Employer’ in the UK (2014-2019)!
We focus on creating an inclusive organisation and welcome people who have different knowledge, perspectives, experience and working styles from across the global population.
Closing 29 July 2020
- Market Drayton
Creative Content & Social Media Manager
Closing 1 August 2020
Want more Expert Scientific Writer jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Copywriting Journalist jobs, Feature Writer jobs, Staff Writer jobs, Writer jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.