Experienced Sound Designer
We have a new and exciting opportunity to join the multi award-winning Total War audio department as an experienced Sound Designer, helping deliver first class audio experiences for our franchise which cover a wide range of AAA IP’s, based at our Horsham studios, West Sussex UK.
With a desire to push creative and technological boundaries and further the legacy of our successful franchises, your work will be wide and varied, collaborating with development and central teams to create genre leading audio experiences. As an experienced Sound Designer, you will have broad experience across game audio development and be proficient designing, implementing and balancing audio content and systems. As part of our centralised team, you will get the opportunity to work across multiple and varied creative projects, locally and internationally.
Flexible working at Creative Assembly includes hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio. We recognise that there is no one-size-fits-all approach and empower our teams to define the working patterns which work best for them, which may mean different things for different teams and roles and at different times.
This role is Hybrid and has an expectation of 2 - 3 days per week in our Horsham studio. This role cannot offer fully remote working. Further details can be discussed during the recruitment process.
You will create innovative and exciting solutions to our games’ audio needs. Producing creative content, helping design technical systems and tools, implementing and balancing audio into our products.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Create compelling sound design and technical solutions that will elevate our games and are in line with the defined aesthetics
- Implement, optimise, mix and fix issues with interactive sound designs, systems and tools
- Assist Lead Sound Designer with any scoping support for assigned areas
- Collaborate with Lead Sound Designer and audio programmers to design new audio features, systems and tools
- Collaborate with game designers and other key stakeholders to support the wider gameplay mechanics and features
- Support the development of our technology and toolsets, working with the Lead Sound Designer and directors, identifying improvements and solutions
- Contribute to the development of our in-house asset library and custom recordings
- Support department and discipline-wide strategy and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- Experience working at a development studio or video games publisher as a sound/audio designer on one or more full-product cycles -console or PC
- Strong capability designing, producing and editing audio assets and systems
- Proficient at implementing, balancing and optimising audio using commercial or in-house audio engines i.e. Wwise, FMOD, ADX2
- Solid understanding of implementation fundamentals, with practical experience
- Demonstrably passionate about video games
- Creative and logical thinker
- Great communicator, with strong listening and interpretation skills
- High attention to detail, organised and methodical.
- AAA project experience in a sound/audio creative capacity
- Studio and/or location-based sound effects recording experience
- Experience with AudioKinetic’s Wwise engine
- Strong proficiency with Reaper
- Have worked as part of a centralised team
- Can drive/has car (for remote location recording sessions)
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand.
About Creative Assembly:
It’s an exciting time to be a part of our craft-led studio as we push boundaries, creating deep and detailed experiences that last.
Our teams are diverse from across the world, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life. We are united through our shared values of Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust and we win awards for our culture and our people-centric approach, having won a Best Place to Work Award for six consecutive years. We invest in our people, the studio, and our projects. We are a company that’s secure and safe – you don’t need to worry about job security at CA.
We’ll give you the creative freedom, tools, support, and development to achieve your potential.
Our studios are based in Horsham, UK and Sofia, Bulgaria, including several bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture facility.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Flexible working: hybrid, fully remote within country of employment for eligible roles, and in-studio working
- Work from Anywhere for a temporary period each year (restrictions apply such as VISAs)
- Enhanced holiday allowance, maternity and paternity breaks, flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast in the studio every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases
- Studio community activities such as life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Music Producer, Classic FM
Closing 28 November 2022
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.