Creative Assembly are looking for an experienced Illustrator to join our ‘Total War’ narrative cinematics team. This role is based in our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
This is fantastic opportunity to be a key member of the studios established narrative cinematics team to create engaging and story driven cutscenes for ‘Total War’ DLC content as well as marketing/brand illustrations for promotional purposes.
Working closely with the development and cinematic teams, you will be responsible for creating digital illustrations to be utilized within 2.5D based cutscenes (which heavily utilise animated illustrations). You may also be used to help with other 2D content such as loading screens and marketing material.
As part of the narrative cinematics team, you will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively.
Over the course of a project, you will:
- Work closely with Dev teams to aid in the visual creation of an engaging story idea based on established characters and IP
- Work with scriptwriters to bring the idea to life
- Create sequences of engaging layered illustrations to be animated by the narrative cinematics team
- Produce storyboards and thumbnails to aid the creation of cinematic assets
- Overpaint and correct illustrations needed by the cinematics team
- Aid in the feedback of illustrations provided by contractors.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience:
- The ability to consistently illustrate repeating characters and environments at a high standard
- Good understanding of colour theory, picture composition and framing principles
- Excellent written English and communication skills.
- A passion for cinematic storytelling
Note: Applications for this role must include a portfolio (or link to a portfolio). Applications that do not have this information will not be considered.
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.