Experience & Interaction Designer
Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
At Sage, Experience & Interaction Designers play a mission critical role, using empathic methods to design and deliver products and services that delight our users.
With specialty in more than one of: product design, interaction design, visual design, or user research; they engage across the XD community, product management, product marketing, and engineering.
Experience Designers combine user knowledge with analysis and artistry. They:
● Are inspired by first-hand user engagement, and immersed in user context and the problem domain.
● Transform complex business scenarios into useful solutions that are easy to learn, and efficient to use, meeting the exact needs of the user with simplicity and elegance.
● Delight users with extraordinary emotional experiences, delivering innovative, great-looking, and uniquely ‘Sage’ experiences that users love.
● Design for the whole - end-to-end user journeys, across Sage Business Cloud, and for Sage’s design language system.
A Senior Experience Designer is a high-level performer with strong relationships and the ability to lead projects. They:
● Lead design workstreams, devising novel solutions.
● Self-sufficiently solve major product areas, and supports others, coaching and mentoring in best practice.
Key Responsibilities Key Accountabilities:
Senior Experience Designers are strong in both of the following sub-domains. Skills, Know-how and Experience
Senior Experience Designers are strong with all skills, and support others, given their sub-domains.
Transform complex tasks into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for everyone, from first-time users to experts. Define the user model, information architecture, and user interface. Interaction Design Skills.
Strong with all of the following, and supports others in:
● Coaches and mentors in interaction design standards, processes, industry best practice, and trends. Devises novel solutions.
● Competitor analysis, discovery of business rules and constraints, definition of the user model.
● Selection of high-level layout patterns, UI elements, and navigation patterns. Design of information architecture and hierarchy.
● Divergent and convergent, iterative design-led problem solving, with rationale.
● Visualise and communicate user behaviour and needs through mental models, personas, scenarios, storyboards.
● Create compelling screen flows, rapid prototypes, layout patterns, information architecture, wireframes.
● Production of final UI and interaction specifications, working with engineering.
● Applies design techniques for improving usability and accessibility, and methods to evaluate them.
Cultivate a deep understanding of user needs, behaviors, attitudes and emotions. Discover how people experience our products, test prototypes, advocate for users, and help deliver design that surprises and delights.
User Research Skills Strong with all of the following, and supports others in:
● Building relationships with users, recruiting participants, scheduling and facilitating moderated and unmoderated, quantitative and qualitative research.
● Iterative usability testing, field visits, contextual enquiry, focus groups, and surveys.
● Analysis, communication, and practical actioning of user insight, including from all of the above, plus databases of user feedback, analytics (web, database, server logs) A/B testing, and competitor analysis.
● Bringing customer stories and experiences to life for employees across sage.
● Metrics and measures for evaluating User Experience.
Ways of Working:
● Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of Experience Design to the completion of difficult assignments.
● Keep up to date with relevant technology areas.
● Evaluates progress and results and recommends major changes in procedures.
● Strong knowledge of industry standard tools.
● Strong knowledge of design thinking, gaining experience in design with rationale and design critique. Ignites innovative practice in local team.
● Demonstrates strong communication, presentation, negotiation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills, leading sessions.
● Thought leader and deliver deep technical expertise for Experience Design that drives colleague engagement, clarity and instils a culture of innovation and execution.
● Work cross-functionally with various Sage teams: product management, QA, various product lines, or business units to drive forward results.
● Mentoring and coaching to junior members of the development team.
● Shares knowledge, skills, and inspires other team members.
● Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
● Supports the coaching, mentoring, and training of juniors.
● Influences seniors and thought leaders, and is confident with constructive challenge.
● Seeks out personal development activities with initiative. Cascades knowledge to others in local team.
● Designs for constraint, and plans for iterative or phased delivery, and scalable solutions.
● Supports others in local team in managing change and unknowns.
● Work with product managers early on to shape product definition so that it can be built in flexible, extensible, and robust way.
● Drives and supports velocity in local team.
Junior-Mid Weight Designer
Closing 15 August 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £22,000 to 24,000 p/a
Closing 15 August 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £28,000 to 33,000 p/a
Want more Experience & Interaction Designer jobs?
Want to find more Digital Designer jobs, Email Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.