Sage is a global company with a local heart. The market leader for cloud-based accounting, financials, enterprise management, people, and payroll software, we empower the world’s business heroes—from single-person startups to large enterprises. Our people are passionate and positive. We inspire our colleagues to serve business builders everywhere and champion their success. As a FTSE 100 company with 14,000 colleagues across 24 countries, we do business the right way, while giving back to our local communities through the Sage Foundation. Be Sage, build on.
Job DescriptionAt Sage, Experience Designers play a mission critical role, using empathic methods to design and deliver products and services that delight our users.
With specialty in one or more of: product design, interaction design, visual design, or user research; they engage across the XD community, product management, product marketing, and engineering.
Experience Designers combine user knowledge with analysis and artistry. They:
● Are inspired by first-hand user engagement, and immersed in user context and the problem domain.
● Transform complex business scenarios into useful solutions that are easy to learn, and efficient to use, meeting the exact needs of the user with simplicity and elegance.
● Delight users with extraordinary emotional experiences, delivering innovative, great-looking, and uniquely ‘Sage’ experiences that users love.
● Design for the whole - end-to-end user journeys, across Sage Business Cloud, and for Sage’s design language system.
An Experience Designer is an established performer with strong communication skills who proactively builds relationships. They:
● Have a track record of contributing to shipped projects.
● Self-sufficiently solve major product areas, with thorough rationale and critique.
Adds logical input into Roadmap to ensure the right elements are in place to be able to delivery key epics. Transforming uncertainty, and sometimes conflicting information, into process flow combining input from across the product team.
● Iterative, customer-centric exploration of problems and solutions.
● Understand business goals and strategy, perform competitor analysis, understand business rules, legislation, and constraints.
● Apply design thinking to determine the best solution.
● Support others in interpreting and implementing solutions.
Transform complex tasks into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for everyone, from first-time users to experts. Define the user model, information architecture, and user interface.
● Adapts interaction design standards, processes, industry best practice, and trends to context.
● Competitor analysis, discovery of business rules and constraints, definition of the user model.
● Selection of high-level layout patterns, UI elements, and navigation patterns. Design of information architecture and hierarchy.
● Divergent and convergent, iterative design-led problem solving, with rationale.
● Visualise and communicate user behaviour and needs through mental models, personas, scenarios, storyboards.
● Create compelling screen flows, rapid prototypes, layout patterns, information architecture, wireframes.
● Production of final UI and interaction specifications, working with engineering.
● Applies design techniques for improving usability and accessibility, and methods to evaluate them.
Cultivate a deep understanding of user needs, behaviours, attitudes and emotions. Discover how people experience our products, test prototypes, advocate for users, and help deliver design that surprises and delights.
● Analysis, communication, and practical actioning of user insight, including from all of the above, plus databases of user feedback, analytics (web, database, server logs) A/B testing, and competitor analysis.
● Bringing customer stories and experiences to life for employees across sage.
Ways of Working:
● Good knowledge of industry standard tools.
● Good knowledge of design thinking, gaining experience in design with rationale and design critique. Self-sufficiently seeks opportunities for innovation.
● Demonstrates strong communication, presentation, negotiation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
● Be an active and enthusiastic team player. Partner effectively with all team members to deliver against commitments.
● Commitment to team success and positive team dynamics.
● Shares knowledge, skills, and inspires other team members.
● Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools & techniques.
● Comply with project plans and industry standards.
● Provide 3rd tier support and/or expertise for the area of responsibility.
● Seeks out personal development activities with initiative.
● Designs for constraint, and plans for iterative or phased delivery, and scalable solutions.
● Independently handles change and unknowns.
● Anticipates and handles blockers. Actively improves personal velocity.
Want more Experience Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.