Capgemini work with some of the world’s largest brands, in some of the most interesting and complex projects posed in modern IT. The Digital Customer Experience team is one of the fastest-growing areas within Capgemini UK and focuses on helping our clients achieve business value through the use of user-focused design.
You’ll be working across a wide spectrum of interesting clients in both the public and private sector. You’ll be working with our clients to transform their business using user-centred design to make a difference providing effective solutions.
This role is dynamic and hands-on. You will be expected to support our delivery through user-centred design methods: translate user needs, business objectives, and technology capabilities into world-class experiences for leading companies and government.
- Researching users and business needs, turning these into insights that will help define user journeys and inform the design.
- Preparing, conducting, and analysing behavioural in-context user testing sessions and documenting the findings Providing evidence-based recommendations to the client and internal team.
- Leading the development of personas based on research findings.
- Running workshops with stakeholders, users and technical team to align vision, drive consensus and insight discovery.
- Identifying opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience.
- Designing and presenting concepts and user interfaces for both mobile, tablet and desktop -- including annotations for best practice in information architecture, navigation, and user flows.
- Creating prototypes using tools such as Axure, Sketch and InVision to create and iterate clickable prototypes for user testing and stakeholder validation.
- Preparing and conduct usability tests against clickable prototypes, take feedback and iterate the design.
- Liaising with development teams and architects to ensure data and technical considerations are accommodated within the design.
- Delivering great user experiences through relevant interfaces (doing the right thing), easy to use (doing it right), beautiful and on-brand (trustworthy).
- Conducting knowledge sharing sessions and support less senior members of the team.
- Helping drive the Experience Design team's vision and direction.
- Experience with Government projects within the Government Digital Service (GDS) standard is desirable.
- Degree preferred within a design-related discipline: i.e.: Interaction, Information or Interface design; Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design etc.
- Candidates must be versed in user-centred design methods and techniques.
- Proficient to expert in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, Sketch, InVision, Axure etc.
- Excellence in analytical thinking, process-oriented skills, verbal and written skills.
- Experience in working within an Agile manner within a commercial environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Keen to learn, evolve, and continually challenge yourself and the way you do things.
- Good portfolio (web link or PDF) outlining your contribution towards each project (all submissions treated with the strictest confidence).
Why Capgemini is unique:
At Capgemini we don’t just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future.
It is a responsible and diverse organization of 300,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
Get the future you want:
Growing clients’ businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what’s possible. It’s why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world’s leading businesses. And it’s how you’ll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future.
By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you’ll build the skills you want. And you’ll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Senior Commercial Product Designer
Closing 30 August 2022
- Sports Direct
Closing 1 July 2022
- perm, from remote
Menswear Designer - Knitwear - Next Sourcing
Closing 1 July 2022
Want more Experience Designer jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.