Experience Designer - UX
The big question: why on earth should a Digital professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries within an ever-changing, ever-accelerating digital landscape, where we’re always testing, experimenting, and learning. Digital is at the heart of everything we do. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Digital.
More about the role:
- Develop imaginative and creative concepts for Sainsbury’s group digital products, services and propositions.
- Working in scrum with a multi-disciplined team of designers, developers and product owners, create customer-centric design concepts that are validated through user research and testing .
- Use a range of inputs, including interaction, brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed and logical solutions.
- With support of your product team and Design Lead, consider the wider Sainsbury’s digital ecosystem and DX strategy when designing to ensure we are creating joined-up experiences.
- Design in line with and contribute to Sainsbury’s design system and style guide.
- Undertake elements of research and user testing and interpret results to inform design solutions.
- Work with a cross-functional team to deliver designs, user flows and journeys.
- Clearly communicate your ideas and rationale to stakeholders and product teams alike.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience as an Experience Designer or product designer working on digital products and services.
- A conceptual approach and an eye for detail.
- Experience working in an agile environment alongside designers and developers.
- Understanding of designing using Adobe, Sketch and prototyping with tools like InVision.
- Experience with interpreting insights from user research and keen to learn more.
- Experience of mobile app and responsive design.
- Experience of user testing and usability testing.
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat.
- Holiday allowance.
- Bonus scheme.
- Pension plan.
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsburys Digital.
Closing 7 December 2019
- IBM Design
Senior Design and Technical Manager
Closing 29 November 2019
- Taylor Wimpey
Want more Experience Designer - UX jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.