Experience Designer - Commercial Colleague & Supplier
The big question: why on earth should a Digital professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries within an ever-changing, ever-accelerating digital landscape, where we’re always testing, experimenting, and learning. Digital is at the heart of everything we do. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Digital.
At Sainsbury’s we believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do which is why we have put digital at the centre of our vision, of being there for customers whenever, wherever and however they want and of serving more of our customers, more of the time. Within Digital we are one organisation, driving brilliant experiences across all our brands, operating in agile teams and working seamlessly together to make the most of the exceptional knowledge, insight and talent that we have across the Division.
As an Experience designer in the Experience Design team, you will create digital concepts and solutions for new and improved products, services and propositions for customers, colleagues and suppliers across the Sainsbury’s Group. This may include our transactional and non-transactional websites, apps, self-service tills, loyalty propositions – or new concepts, services and experience areas.
You will have previous experience as a UX or Product designer for a big brand and look forward to working in a collaborative, agile environment with cross-functional teams and stakeholders. You’ll be passionate about inclusive design and use insights and evidence to back-up your ideas.
About the team:
This is the role of our commercial division. They look at the performance metrics of their product range and evaluate their next move. Perhaps change a price here or run a promotion there. May be bring in new products to meet customer trends or be available for seasonal events. They work with our suppliers and product specialists to manage the range and ensure the quality of every item right down to the ingredients in it, the shelf life and compliance with grocery standards.
The role of the senior experience designer, end to end, is help understand the different journeys that exist in the supply chain and identify opportunities to improve and transform the experience for our colleagues and suppliers. There three big journeys we know of so far are:
- the supplier lifecycle from onboarding to offboarding;
- the product journey from source to shelf for grocery, general merchandise, clothing and furniture products, and branded and own brand products;
- the colleague experience for those working in commercial and how this fits in with the broader experience for Sainsbury's ecosystem.
What you need to do:
- Develop imaginative and creative concepts for Sainsbury’s group digital products, services and propositions.
- Working in scrum with a multi-disciplined team of designers, developers and product owners, create customer-centric design concepts that are validated through user research and testing.
- Use a range of inputs, including interaction, brand principles, analytics, customer feedback, usability testing, technology and business requirements to develop informed and logical solutions.
- With support of your product team and Design Lead, consider the wider Sainsbury’s digital ecosystem and DX strategy when designing to ensure we are creating joined-up experiences.
- Design in line with and contribute to Sainsbury’s design system and style guide.
- Undertake elements of research and user testing and interpret results to inform design solutions.
- Work with a cross-functional team to deliver designs, user flows and journeys.
- Clearly communicate your ideas and rationale to stakeholders and product teams alike.
What you need to know:
- Proven experience as a UX or product designer working on digital products and services.
- A conceptual approach and an eye for detail.
- Experience working in an agile environment alongside designers and developers.
- Understanding of designing using Adobe, Sketch and prototyping with tools like InVision.
- Experience with interpreting insights from user research and keen to learn more.
- Experience of mobile app and responsive design.
- Experience of user testing and usability testing.
What you need to show:
- A beautiful portfolio showcasing your UX your process and knowledge on large brands – or the desire to work for one.
- A passion for user-centred experience design, as well as an understanding of accessibility standards.
- Excited by the opportunity to influence Sainsbury’s digital creative capability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong interest in the latest design trends and technologies.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Confidence in networking and building relationships with stakeholders.
What decisions I can make:
- Design decisions that improve the colleague’s and customer’s digital experience.
Resources available to me:
- The DX Community Designers, Lead Design Manager, Design systems team and Design Operations Team.
- Engineers, Product Managers, Agile Coaches.
- All resources within Sainsbury’s, including subject matter experts.
Closing 30 August 2020
Senior Footwear Designer, Mens - Maternity Cover
Closing 1 September 2020
- Ted Baker
Want more Experience Designer - Commercial Colleague & Supplier jobs?
Want to find more Product Designer jobs, App Designer jobs, Digital Designer jobs, Interactive Designer jobs, Interface (UI) Designer jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Web Designer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.