Experience Design Researcher
At Sainsbury’s we believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do which is why we have put digital at the centre of our vision, of being there for customers whenever, wherever and however they want and of serving more of our customers, more of the time. Within Digital we are one organisation, driving brilliant experiences across all our brands, operating in agile teams and working seamlessly together to make the most of the exceptional knowledge, insight and talent that we have across the Division.
To support the Experience Design team in raising the bar on user research to support customer-centric design . This position will work across digital products and services for the Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu Clothing, Nectar and Habitat. Conducting research and testing across Sainsbury’s digital products and services to ensure our vision is aligned against the needs of the user.
What you need to do:
- In collaboration with the wider multidisciplinary team, support, conduct and manage user research for Sainsbury’s that will inform product roadmaps, concepts and design direction
- Determine measurable and actionable user experience metrics for various digital products with the digital experience management team
- Act as an ambassador of Experience Design research best practice and help the wider Sainsbury’s business to understand the behavioural usage patterns which users will engage in when using their devices, as well as anticipate interaction issues
- Design and execute user research that focuses on interaction design outputs that will inform future product development
- Use the research output to communicate how user interface designs will be perceived by end users
- Work closely with insight and research teams and help leverage their data to inform design
- Present user insights to project stakeholders at all levels
What you need to know and show:
- Proven success conducting user research in a large-scale software platform setting, or equivalent.
- Experience working at all stages of the product development process is highly desirable, as this will help the user researcher to prioritise research activities and proactively identify important areas in the designs which will require user research guidance
- Experience working closely with designers and developers, to drive effective user research
- Must be comfortable with high-level of ambiguity
- Experience with heuristic approaches
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g.: study plans, reports).
- Academic qualification in related field, e.g. cognitive psychology, human factors, HCI
- Strong background in applying qualitative methodologies and experience with quantitative tools desired.
- Confident & can-do attitude
- Ability to work with minimal direction
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Nimble, creative, pragmatic approach to product user research
- Capacity to work quickly whilst delivering high-quality outputs
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Multi-skilling and prioritisation skills
- Understanding of product strategy, design and user experience disciplines
- High level of interest in retail
- High level of confidentiality
- Impact and influence skills
- Eager to develop professionally
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Digital
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.