Experience Design Research Manager (Quant & Qual)
The big question: why on earth should a Digital professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries within an ever-changing, ever-accelerating digital landscape, where we’re always testing, experimenting, and learning. Digital is at the heart of everything we do. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury’s Digital.
More about the role:
The Research Manager will work across digital products and services for the Sainsbury’s, Argos, Tu Clothing, Nectar, Habitat and Sainsbury’s bank brands and play a key part in influencing at a strategic level a complex group of stakeholders across the business.
- Team management and hands-on delivery of a range of user experience research methodologies.
- Managing daily operation of experience design research capability, plans and schedules.
- Communicating insight and recommendations.
- Storing and archiving data.
- Helping to forecast budgets to assure capability and effective operation of experience design research function.
- Adapting and evolving research service to meet priorities and demands of design and digital product teams.
- Helping to maintain and assure quality of service and deliverables.
- Establishing appropriate ways of working to manage demand, set expectations and provide effective operation.
- Pro-actively plan and run research, based on experience design goals in line with group priorities and roadmap.
- Representing the customer in all aspects relating to the digital experience.
- Collaborating with other research functions and related teams across the organisation.
- Acting as mentor to more junior staff.
What we’re looking for:
- You will use a range of research methodologies (both quantitative and qualitative) applied to Digital development, including; Usability lab testing, eye-tracking, remote testing (e.g. whatusersdo), focus groups, guerrilla, survey production, card sorting and tree tests. Experience running large scale surveys, remote interviews, statistical modelling would be appreciated too.
- You’ll be well versed in the application of user experience research methodologies across mobile, desktop and tablet as well as group facilitation, lab moderation, depth interviews, observation, analysis and reporting.
- You’ll be used to presenting to senior management, product managers, development teams, experience design colleagues and multi-disciplinary audiences.
- You’ll drive engagement with other members of experience design, Digital teams and broader functions to clearly promote value and benefit of research and generate strong demand for the capability.
- You’ll engage with colleagues and stakeholders to determine the research requirements and propose best approach.
- You’ll be able to identify themes and headlines from research activity quickly and effectively and be able to communicate insight and recommendations articulately.
In return you’ll get:
Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat.
Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more.
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsburys Digital.
Senior UX Designer
Closing 16 December 2020
- Octopus Group
- £Competitive package
Director of Digital Design
Closing 14 December 2020
- RELX Group
Want more Experience Design Research Manager (Quant & Qual) jobs?
Want to find more Design Manager jobs, User Experience (UX) Designer jobs, Digital Researchers jobs, Researcher jobs, Development Researcher jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.