Executive Producer (VFX x Virtual Production)
Our virtual production department at DNEG provides a cutting-edge service to clients and help them return film to its roots, being able to see what is being filmed as it happens, using Virtual Reality, Augmented reality and more. Virtual production is quickly becoming adopted by the industry due to its vast benefits of a more iterative workflow and ability to visualize things in a naturalistic way.
As our division continues to evolve, we are looking for an Executive Producer to join our team and continue to grow the work DNEG has done so far. Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to, the following:
- The successful bidding, production and management of DNEG’s virtual production projects. This includes analysing potential work, creating Virtual Production breakdowns, budgets, and production planning from initial award to delivery.
- Project managing and tracking VP projects progress ensuring company resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the financial progress of projects and working closely with Production Accounting to keep track of the financial health of projects then reporting your findings to senior management team.
- Working with DNEG’s VP Partner and Global Bidding team at an early stage to help secure new projects and work.
- Point of contact for our VP clients and a trusted partner for virtual production, ensuring future work.
- Run daily/weekly meetings with your production crew and our VP Partner to ensure projects are running smoothly and offering advice when needed.
- Mentoring and guiding our Virtual Production crew from Production Assistants to Production Managers.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Head of Production, Head of Virtual Production and our VP Partners to review status of current projects and any potential incoming new projects.
- Looking at the bigger picture of Virtual Production and ensuring DNEG’s workflows and production practices are working to optimize our deliverables in this new space.
- Extensive high-end feature film VFX Producer experience.
- Proven project management experience, including scheduling and budgeting.
- Experience in bidding and winning work.
- Proven leadership experience and experience managing production teams under high level of pressure and during fast-paced show delivery times.
- Expertise in building effective working relationships and effective communication with internal crew, cross site crew and clients.
- Proven ability to manage relationships with VFX clients and studios.
- High-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Minimum education of Diploma level or equivalent.
- Ability to establish priorities amongst projects.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in Virtual Production.
- Knowledge of Shotgun.
- Knowledge of MS Project.
- Previous on-set experienc.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capable of motivating and leading a large team, with enthusiasm and clarity.
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines.
- Analytical, logical and methodical in your approach.
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).
Other jobs you may be interested in
Producer - Untold Fable
Closing 7 February 2022
Closing 7 February 2022
Creative Producer, Volunteer Films
Closing 31 December 2021
start February 2022
- Media Trust
- perm, temp to perm
- £Up to £30,000 FTE (depending on experience)
Want more Executive Producer (VFX x Virtual Production) jobs?
Want to find more Digital Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Producer jobs, Visual Effects jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.