Executive Producer, Project Rene
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
Welcome to Maxis, home to tinkerers, craftspeople, & storytellers. Our drive is to inspire everyone to make a better world through creative play. As the developer of The Sims, we create games and experiences for millions of people around the world and are always looking for new ways to inspire our players. Maxis is a place where you can do what you love and help others grow while doing it; a place where your unique voice can be heard and seen. We put creativity and inclusivity at the core of our work and don't settle for seeing the world only as it is, but strive to build a world as it could be.
Do you have experience creating games across different platforms and input styles? Are you passionate about creative, simulation, or open-ended games and have a desire to make an industry impact? Are you both knowledgeable and familiar with Gen Z players and interests? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Maxis is looking for an experienced Executive Producer to lead the development and live services of the newest entry in The Sims franchise, known as Project Rene. You will bring a background in leading creative teams to deliver exceptional experiences through early development, into production and live service operations. You bring a leadership style that aligns with Maxis' values of authenticity, inclusivity, collaboration, and self-challenge while demonstrating commitment to execution and action.
As the leader of this new business, you will report to the Franchise GM and take ownership of the project's substantial opportunity. Your responsibilities will include aligning studio teams and important partners, such as development, project management, branding, commercial, analytics, and finance, to achieve strategic and financial goals and ensure the success of this new game. You will play an active part of in Sims Franchise leadership team, looking ahead and contributing to franchise strategy. This role can be remote, but prefer Pacific Time Zone.
- Establish and achieve long-term goals and measurements for Project Rene.
- Ensure the right people, structures, and priorities are in place, with executive partner agreement across EA, to meet business and creative goals.
- You will inspire and energize the team and partners around the project's vision and strategic direction.
- Develop and deliver roadmaps that align product, marketing, and commercial efforts, adapting to the dynamic needs of the business.
- Make insight and data-informed decisions to achieve our goals, balancing experience with objective feedback.
- You will advocate for the needs of Project Rene and its role within the Franchise to executive partners.
- Embrace radical transparency with players through early playtesting and iterative development.
- Be a vocal ambassador for the product and team in internal and external scenarios.
- Demonstrate flexible and dynamic perspective across the project, combining a strategic outlook with strong follow through
- Creative and thoughtful business sense and experience leading in a matrix environment.
- 8+ years of developing, leading and recruiting large and distributed teams.
- 5+ years of experience setting and implementing strategy for a multi-channel entertainment/media business at scale, with a focus on live service and shipping new products.
- You have successful examples of working in a matrixed environment where you have achieved agreement through influence.
- Expertise in assessing product and feature viability and player reception.
- You have enthusiasm for Creative, Simulation or open-ended games and their audiences.
- A proficiency in games that incorporate User Generated Content or games that bridge multiple platforms is advantageous.
- We have a preference for those that embrace feedback and criticism, who enjoy collaborative and iterative processes.
US Compensation and Benefits:
The base salary ranges listed below are for the defined geographic market pay zones in these states. If you reside outside of these locations, a recruiter will advise on the base salary range and benefits for your specific location.EA has listed the base salary ranges it in good faith expects to pay applicants for this role in the locations listed, as of the time of this posting. Salary offered will be determined based on numerous relevant business and candidate factors including, for example, education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, and business or organizational needs.
Base salary is just one part of the overall compensation at EA. We also offer a package of benefits including paid time off (3 weeks per year to start), 80 hours per year of sick time, 16 paid company holidays per year, 10 weeks paid time off to bond with baby, medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and 401(k) to regular full-time employees. Certain roles may also be eligible for bonus and equity."
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. We provide comprehensive benefit packages and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free games and so much more. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Other jobs you may be interested in
Executive Producer - Xbox Game Studios Publishing
Closing 22 October 2023
- perm, remote
$173,200 to 256,800 per annum
Online Producer - XDefiant
Closing 22 October 2023
- perm, remote
$114,000 to 148,000 per annum
Closing 13 October 2023
- Momentum Worldwide
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.