Executive Producer Original Content (FTC)
To support a major expansion of our output, we are looking for an experienced, editorially proven and well-connected producer to join our team, focused on ambitious podcast content programming. This producer will be part of Audible’s vision for original content development and production – a vision which will be driven by extensive programme development and piloting in a fast-paced environment.
The candidate is likely to have extensive experience as a Producer or Executive Producer, ideally specializing in audio production. Ideally they will have launched and managed one or more high profile series (podcast, radio, television etc), ideally factual entertainment or entertainment focused, previously. They will have editorial vision, creative flair, extensive production experience, a desire to raise standards at all times, a track record of success and exceptional stakeholder management skills
Specifically, they will be working with third party producers, as well as internal and external partners, to lead on the delivery of a high profile, high quality weeky programme. Given the high profile nature of this show and the already engaged audience it is designed to serve, the producer will be expected to work with all stake-holders to build on the show’s distinct identity and deliver on its success.
They will build successful relationships with talent, producers, commercial partners and provide editorial scope and guidance for the programme. They will help to shape production standards and best practices. They will provide the internal focus and co-ordination required for multiple parties. They will set creative ambitions high and have a low tolerance for mediocrity. They will work tirelessly not just to meet listeners’ expectations, but to exceed them at all times.
· Project manage the development, launch and delivery of a weekly podcast associated with high profile IP.
· Communicate and align with in-house Production Manager, BA, Studios, and wider teams, as well as external teams in London, New York & Los Angeles.
· Deliver on-brand programming within creative boundaries set by leading IP owner/partner.
· Provide notes, script editing and other development/production support for 3rd party production partner.
· Liaise with key talent, production team and UGC creators as required.
· Ability to respond to production sensitive deadlines/demands, quick turnarounds and partner requirements in a timely, proactive and effective manner.
· Ensure timely and appropriate responses to 3rd party submissions/enquiries/contributors, in order to protect and build Audible’s industry/creative community reputation.
· Work closely with internal teams on budget development, marketing and merchandising strategies, promotional campaigns and utilization of our in-house production resources.
· Work closely with other members of the Audible Original Content team and contribute to the wider content strategy.
· Manage overall production budget and compliance process across project(s) they’re responsible for.
· Maintain high editorial standards in their output at all times.
· A good understanding of podcasting, audio or entertainment formats.
· Experience in content development, project management, commissioning and/or audio production.
· Experience of managing high profile brand partnerships, ideally in the children’s, family or wider entertainment categories.
· An extensive network of relationships in terms of writers, agents, producers, directors, sound deisgners, musicians, rights owners etc.
· Proven development/writing/production/editing skills.
· A knowledge and/or understanding of digital storytelling trends and factual/entertainment programming techniques.
· Thorough understanding of compliance and H&S guidelines as applied to productions.
· Impeccable people skills, both in terms of maintaining internal relationships and fostering external ones.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· A demonstrable passion for and understanding of all aspects of audio programming, combined with production and/or project management experience within an audio related environment (radio, podcast, music etc).
· Ability to interpret and selectively apply audience insights, research and listening data.
· Familiarity with UGC elements.
· An understanding of digital content services (either download to own and/or streaming) would be a bonus.
· Ability to record, edit, mix and process digital tape (ProTools/Adobe Audition/ or similar experience in other proprietary audio editing software advantageous).
Closing 17 April 2020
- NBCUniversal International
Senior Producer (SEES)
Closing 27 May 2020
- Square Enix
Want more Executive Producer Original Content (FTC) jobs?
Want to find more Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Digital Producer jobs, Assistant Producer jobs, Associate Producer jobs, Development Producer jobs, Executive Producer jobs, Post Production Producer jobs, Producer jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.