Executive Producer - BritBox
BritBox is a digital video subscription service offering the largest collection of British TV in the U.S. and Canada. Created by two British content powerhouses—BBC Studios, the commercial subsidiary arm of the BBC, and ITV, the UK’s biggest commercial broadcaster—the service features iconic favourites, exclusive premieres, and current popular series —most available within 24 hours after their UK premiere. BritBox also offers expert curation that enables fans to easily find programs they know and discover new favourites via the web, mobile, tablet, streaming devices, and connected TVs.
The BritBox Executive Producer will ensure that Britbox's strategic plans are met from Creative to MarComms and Programming, but most importantly ensures the quality delivered on-screen is up to the highest standards for a BritBox Original. This person will shepherd a new TV miniseries through its production to on-time delivery and be the primary liaison between the Studio and BritBox. The role will ensure that BritBox’s investment is used efficiently while ensuring high production value and overseeing the production operations from concept to completion.
- Manage production timelines, milestones, and all deadlines to assure timely feedback and execution of BritBox’s editorial perspective.
- Collaborate with the BritBox editorial and programming team to provide feedback and notes on:
- Pre-production Casting, script and directorial inputs and approvals.
- Production - Dailies, edits & other creative decisions.
- Launch & Promotion- Marketing & publicity access and creative assets including talent commitments.
- Track the progress of production and summarize for US Team.
- Protect BritBox’s investment and ensure that the production stays on budget through reviewing and approving financial deliverables such as cost reports, variance reports, and general ledgers.
- Maintain feedback timeline to ensure miniseries is delivered on time.
- Ensure sign offs are coming from BritBox on all major creative and business decisions.
- Summarize feedback for clear communication with the production.
- Coordinate promotional and publicity endeavors with the relevant teams in the US.
- Initiate direct contact with stakeholders through collaboration with the regional BritBox programming teams and be the single point of creative contact for Regional BB teams participating in commission to production.
- Facilitate regular meeting cadence with BritBox team including weekly status calls, monthly marketing and publicity meetings, and any other necessary stakeholder communications.
- Maintain clear communication between BritBox and the producers, including relaying all feedback from the production team to the relevant BritBox stakeholders.
- Responsible for working with Compliance team to ensure any necessary approvals and and ratings for all territories.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Over ten years of experience in film or television production is required, previous Executive Producer experience is required.
- Experience with UK television production strongly preferred.
- Strong creative instincts and ability to communicate and collaborate well.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills needed and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of generating series and specials concepts for cable and/or streaming outlets.
- Must have established relationships with UK producers, commissioners and content creators.
- Strong interpersonal and product management skills.
- Able to track and facilitate lines of communication with many different stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain a budget is critical.
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule and work around tight production deadlines.
- Casting experience.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to our career page.
About the Company:
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, visit our website.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.