Executive Editor, YouTube Culture and Trends
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience managing editorial operations for a digital publisher of medium-/large-size; covering web content, pop culture, technology or news.
- 10 years of professional experience generating content for large, broad audiences including but not limited to writing, video production, digital production.
- Experience working in, and managing diverse teams and/or global distributed teams.
- Experience building partnerships with cross-functional teams and agencies.
- Experience growing targeted audiences and measuring behaviors and perceptions that generate business impact.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and build necessary functions for team to scale and act on opportunities.
- Strategic, and the ability to craft business plan, define resourcing needs.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills across multiple media formats.
About the job:
YouTube Marketing’s mission is to know our users, and to connect them to the magic of our products and creators. We make YouTube successful by shaping people’s perceptions of YouTube and inspiring them to engage with us. We’re also responsible for all of YouTube’s marketing activities to consumers, creators, and key opinion influencers.
As a YouTube Culture and Trends Executive Editor, you'll have the opportunity to inspire a deeper understanding and participation in one of the richest ecosystems for self-expression and a global destination for creativity, learning, and engaging with the world. You'll join the YouTube Culture and Trends (CaTs) team, a global team that combines data trends and cultural research to tell the stories of the next generation of creators and artists, helping viewers, creators, advertisers, and makers better understand today’s pop culture and the people driving it.
As an Executive Editor, you will be responsible for assembling a global editorial function to expand the reach and impact of our research and storytelling. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify and execute new opportunities to inspire our audiences and celebrate the YouTube community.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Generate editorial and audience strategies and define business metrics to expand the reach and impact of YouTube Culture and Trends.
- Manage an editorial calendar, enforce strict editorial guidelines and direct a global editorial operation sharing insights and storytelling across countries and cultural domains.
- Set and deliver distribution goals across owned and operated channels including web, newsletters, and more. Experiment with building new formats and channels.
- Collaborate closely with PR, social and marketing teams to execute innovative and impactful trends communication efforts.
- Bring expertise in youth culture as well as the world of video more broadly, and generate inspiring, thought provoking content.
Social Editorial Manager, YouTube
Closing 4 December 2019
- San Bruno
Women's Fashion Editor
Closing 5 December 2019
Want more Executive Editor, YouTube Culture and Trends jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Features Editor jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Offline Editor jobs, Online Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.