WHO WE ARE:
Informa is one of the world’s leading knowledge providers. We create and deliver highly specialized information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organizations worldwide.
Informa Markets is the world’s top Exhibitions organizer, managing and developing events that enable buyers and sellers in specialist communities to meet face to face, build relationships and conduct business. Informa has a portfolio of more than 200 Exhibitions, serving a number of core verticals.
Informa’s Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Business is a specialized medical education group providing multidisciplinary events, publications and digital content presenting the latest clinical and commercial developments in Aesthetic Medicine.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Informa Market’s U.S. Aesthetic and Anti-Aging Group has an exciting opportunity for an event manager with event operations experience to join the team. This role is essential to the delivery of our best-in-class medical Aesthetic events across North America. To be successful, you should thrive in a busy environment and enjoy working with a variety of stakeholders. You should be passionate about process improvement and take pride in your delivery.
The Event Manager will be responsible for planning and delivering against event execution strategy for 4+ events in an expanding portfolio in a high-growth market, working with internal stakeholders and external vendors.
The Event Manager reports to the Group Business Director of the U.S. Aesthetics and Anti-Aging portfolio.
- Lead and shape the design and delivery of events, optimizing and enhancing space and customer experience in all venues.
- Working with functional Directors, create and manage project plans, with clear expectations and deadlines for all stakeholders.
- With a focus on customer experience, support functional Directors in general review of initiatives and event materials
- Develop, propose and plan new features to help drive show attendance and add value.
- Source suppliers through an RFP process, and negotiate venues and vendor contracts, working in conjunction with the Central Ops team as appropriate.
- Be responsible for timely, accurate budgeting and forecasting of event costs within the portfolio, including oversight of expenses and margins for products sold within each event.
- Reconciliation, processing and tracking of operational invoices.
- Communicate the detailed delivery plan with clear accountability pre-event and onsite for all stakeholders within the business, to ensure exceptional delivery onsite.
- Contractor and vendor management.
- Manage all onsite logistics including but not limited to floorplan design and management, AV and catering, room and registration layout, staffing plans, and contractors, conjunction with the Central Ops team as appropriate.
- Develop innovative ideas to manage event operations efficiently while delivering a best in class customer experience.
- Ongoing process improvement and operational efficiencies.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Business Administration or related field.
- 5+ years experience in trade show and conference event operations.
- Highly experienced in use of Microsoft office applications.
- Expert in excel.
- Highly successful track record in contract sourcing, negotiation and management.
- Experience with zero based budgeting and budget management including multiple revenue and cost lines.
- Experience with Hyperion, Oracle, Salesforce, Coupa is desirable.
- Travel required 20%
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Team player.
- Strong negotiating and cost management skills.
- Highly detail oriented, with problem solving and conflict management abilities.
- Strong time management skills with proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal direction.
- Self-Motivated and resourceful.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to flex as appropriate and build strong relationships.
- The ability to proactively manage all aspects of the events, someone who is happy getting their hands dirty and takes time to listen to our customers always looking to exceed expectations.
- Competitive Compensation Package.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities.
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye).
- 401K and Matching.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Generous PTO policy.
- Work-life balance.
- Additional discounts through various partnerships.
Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Visual Designer, Brand/Marketing
Closing 21 February 2020
- The New York Times
- New York
Marketing Communications & Content Manager
Closing 20 February 2020
- Compass Group
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.