Event Manager for Burberry
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
This role is a key component of the Global Events team at Burberry, leading event initiatives and executing to the highest standard. Working closely with the event creative / experience team and event production, this role will help to develop and implement a successful event programme globally, in line with the overarching event strategy.
- Lead and support in executing in-store and external events, to include large scale brand events, special events with collaborators / partners, product launches and first-to-see previews of new collections.
- Oversee the logistical co-ordination of the runway shows – the biggest brand events at Burberry which take place twice each year.
- Working closely with regional teams to ensure calendars, reports and guidelines are kept up to date and distributed correctly via fellow Co-Ordinator’s in the team.
- Key point of contact for Production and Creative to align on new briefs and deliver new event guidelines on time and on brief.
- Manage collateral briefs as necessary required for new event / experience guidelines.
- Assist in collating the creation of guideline ‘packs’, reporting to be included in analysis presentations and strategic plans.
- Leading and managing teams on-site at events in various roles.
- Build key relationships through the company to facilitate information gathering/collation for experience projects.
- Seek out new opportunities via research and industry / competitor knowledge.
- Line management of two Event Co-ordinators in central events team.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Team player; good communicator
- Positive attitude; enthusiasm and drive for results
- Able to work well under pressure and meet multiple deadlines
- Able to multi-task
- Strategic and forward thinking
- Creative and resourceful
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years event organisation experience
- Event Production knowledge / experience preferred but not crucial
- Knows what it takes to execute an elevated event with the highest attention to detail
- Familiar with competitor landscape and knowing what other luxury fashion brands are offering their top clients
- Able to manage budgets
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access, Keynote, Fashion GPS preferable
Originals Publicity Manager, Film - UK/IE
Closing 9 May 2019
- £20,000 to 30,000 p/a
Senior Project Executive
Closing 27 April 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £22,500 p/a
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.