Informa’s Advanced Manufacturing Group is the leading B2B event and media company dedicated exclusively to the global $3.0 trillion advanced manufacturing sector, helps support the flow of information, commerce, and innovation in such sophisticated segments as medical devices and pharmaceutical development, advanced engineering design, automation, manufacturing, processing, and packaging.
What we’re looking for:
The Director’s role is to manage a Brand(s) with a primary goal of meeting the needs of a defined set of customer communities and markets. Their role is to understand and engage with the key customer segments in their assigned industries and markets, understand the products they produce, their technology and relevant business channels and trends that are driving their businesses. They are the primary business owner responsible for immersing themselves in their day to day business and industry, and must live and breathe their marketplace and customer communities.
The role comprises of five key components:
- Strategy and growth.
- Excellence and innovation.
- Operational leadership.
- Building community and eminence.
- Flawless execution across all disciplines.
Aligned with these areas of focus, they will have responsibility for, and be evaluated against the financial, operational and customer performance and outlook of their brand(s). This will require them to make decisions to deliver a commercially successful and financially viable brand/product for the customer, with a growing market presence, engaged community and outstanding customer experience.
You are accountable for:
Strategy and Growth:
- The custodian of the brand(s) they lead; the figurehead both within the business unit and in the marketplace.
- Participate in the development of both short and long term strategies.
- Identify growth opportunities, working with the Group Director to size market opportunities, assess key stakeholders across industries, strike valuable industry relationships.
- Deliver on financial, operational and customer oriented-brand objectives (e.g., new business and customer retention, NPS, customer satisfaction).
- Understand market nuances to manage the brand(s), laying out visions and competitive positions: where it plays within the markets, at present and in the future, and why.
- Help shape strategies to seize new market opportunities, or grow the brand(s) into adjacent sectors or customer segments (across geographies, platforms, and verticals).
- Support the development of brand(s) (event/product) pricing strategies, based on strategic layout of an event space, product bundling options, value-based pricing and commercial drivers.
- Support the development of key strategic partnerships and management of association relationships.
- Identify and support Group Director and Portfolio Director with acquisition opportunities.
Ecellence and Innovation:
- Support the design and delivery of outstanding customer experience, working with the team to create innovative and interactive experiences at the events.
- Work with the team to drive creative and new ideas to engage customers at and around the events. Prototyping new ideas and innovative approaches.
- Challenge current restrictions in thinking to increase engagement of an event for the customer.
- Build relationships with the brand’s key existing and prospective customers.
- Develop relationships with the broader customer community, understanding market trends and sentiments in order to inform other business teams about strategy on how to sell, market or design the brand (product/event).
- Collaborating with our content team, focus on content development to ensure community interests are aligned with onsite and year-round online content.
- Co-ordinate the dissemination of knowledge and market insight to relevant colleagues, while retaining responsibility for converting this knowledge into measurable actions and results, for example:
- Brand colleagues to inform event design and delivery and brand distinction initiatives.
- Sales colleagues relay specific customer sentiments, to influence floor planning, sales techniques, or sales opportunities to relevant sales staff etc.
- Marketing colleagues to inform relevant marketing strategies which guide portfolio-related marketing activity.
- Understand and shape market dialogue through thought-leadership pieces.
- Represent the brand(s) by being an industry figure via attending and hosting events, meetings and conferences.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of al brand related programs across Marketing, Sales, Operations, Media and more.
- Provide guidance in the development of all marketing, experiential, and partner programs.
- Help guide the development of all live content and conference programming.
- Manage the development and execution of all operationally related programs.
What you bring to the team:
- Experience leading product or brand in a B2B market.
- Ability to act as an inspirational leader with charisma and energy.
- Ability to develop relationships at senior level and support the management and interaction with of high value customer accounts.
- Experience helping develop brand and growth strategies.
- Experience of reporting, budgeting / forecasting.
- Experience of building trusted internal relationships and maintaining an open two-way conversation to ensure overall brand (event/product) and business success.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills, confident personality, high level of enthusiasm.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package.
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision).
- 401K and Matching.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Generous PTO policy.
- Employee Discount Program.
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Development/Training Opportunities.
To be considered for one of Informa’s openings, please complete an online application at Informa.com or by clicking Apply. Informa is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Why Work at Informa?
Informa Markets creates platforms for industries and specialist markets to trade, innovate and grow. Our portfolio is comprised of more than 550 international B2B events and brands in markets including Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Infrastructure, Construction & Real Estate, Fashion & Apparel, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Health & Nutrition, among others. We provide customers and partners around the globe with opportunities to engage, experience and do business through face-to-face exhibitions, specialist digital content and actionable data solutions. As the world’s leading exhibitions organizer, we bring a diverse range of specialist markets to life, unlocking opportunities and helping them to thrive 365 days of the year.
Content Design Specialist
Closing 14 March 2020
Operations Manager, SoundBetter
Closing 29 February 2020
- New York
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.