We’re Criterion, and we love making games!
For more than fifteen years we’ve entertained millions of players around the world with our award-winning games. Our talented people have expressed their passion for world-class game feel, AAA audiovisual quality and technical innovation in the Burnout & Need for Speed series and and more recently in Battlefield 1, Star Wars X-Wing VR, Starfighter Assault and Arcade for Star Wars Battlefront II and Firestorm for Battlefield V.
We believe that healthy, engaged teams make great games, so we place enormous value on collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspectives. We’d love to hear yours! Crunch doesn’t help make a better game. We don’t do it. For the past three years we are very proud to have been recognised by gamesindustry.biz as one of the best places to work in the UK. Let’s talk about how you could be a part of it.
What a Senior Environment Artist does at Criterion:
We are looking for creative, collaborative and passionate people to help us create beautiful, immersive worlds that enhance the game experience. We need your creative and technical skills and understanding of the world to build assets, shaders, and compositions that surround the player with breathtaking vistas.
Reporting to the Environment Director, you will be influencing and working closely with other artists, level designers and technical artists. The team operates a highly collaborative and iterative design process where all voices are valued and encouraged, in an environment that fosters growth and autonomy.
As a senior you will be using your experience and knowledge to help mentor and guide, and to shape and improve workflows.
Our Environment Team is drawn to people with:
- Experience creating high-quality 3D environments from concept art and photo reference.
- Passion for scene dressing, and a great eye for level layout.
- Solid knowledge of production techniques including; high-low poly baking, modular asset creation, whiteboxing, physically based rendering and sculpting.
- A high degree of experience with 3D content creation and texturing tools such as Maya, 3ds Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter/Designer.
- Traditional art skills, appreciation of composition, lighting, colour and detail.
- Experience creating open world games and understand tech limitations.
- A positive can-do attitude.
- Love of art and games.
- Passion for pushing visual quality and production techniques.
- Previous AAA game development experience.
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
Naturally, we offer great benefits packages, but more importantly, because we love working with outstanding creators, we maintain a culture that appreciates creative freedom and autonomy.
- Great compensation package, annual bonus scheme and stock plans.
- Benefits including private medical insurance, dental care, pension scheme and life insurance.
- Extras like employee discounts, Rail season ticket loan, free games.
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas & New Year).
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas).
- Casual dress code.
We thought you might also want to know:
We’re based in the lovely town of Guildford – 35 minutes from central London.
Our office has an onsite café and gym and is a short walk from the train station and town centre.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Closing 2 August 2020
- Hangar 13
Closing 2 August 2020
- Studio Gobo Limited
Want more Environment Artist jobs?
Want to find more 2D Artist jobs, 3D Artist jobs, Artist jobs, Digital Artist jobs, Gaming Artist jobs, Concept Artist jobs, Layout Artist jobs, Special Effects Artist jobs, Texture Artist/Texture Painter jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.