English Content Editor
CSOFT International Ltd. is a world leader in localization and globalization consulting services, providing turnkey solutions for companies facing the challenges of engaging customers and markets across linguistic and cultural barriers. Recognized as one of the Top Innovative Companies in 2011 by IDC we have an award-winning international team. In 2012, the company’s CEO was named one of Fortune Magazine’s 10 Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs and a Tech Disruptor by CNN Money.
CSOFT International is looking for a native English speaker with strong editing skills to work with a team of translators and editors on materials for international audiences. This position is an opportunity to better understand translation and content creation, exercise your Chinese reading skills, and see firsthand how Chinese tech companies are working to expand internationally. Strong performance on this project will qualify you for further editing and writing opportunities with the CSOFT team.
The position is based in Bantian, Shenzhen.
• Edit content such as speeches, training materials, and internal notices that have been translated from Chinese to English. This involves ensuring standard grammar and mechanics, cultural appropriateness, clarity, and consistency with the client's intended message.
• Explain your editing recommendations logically and clearly as needed. • Respond flexibly to requests from translators and managers.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and culturally sensitive approach to tight deadlines and challenging requirements.
• Contribute to team development by sharing your experience in discussions and trainings.
• Native proficiency in English
• Strong understanding of standard writing rules and best practices • Bachelor's degree in a field related to language
• US, UK, or Canadian nationality
• Intermediate Chinese reading skills
• Experience related to editing, writing, translation, marketing, etc.
• Ability to research and quickly grasp the basics of unfamiliar topics Preferred Skills/Experience:
• Experience working in a Chinese company
• ICT industry knowledge
If you are interested in further information send your CV and cover letter
Want more English Content Editor jobs?
Want to find more Copywriter jobs, Digital Copywriter jobs, Content Author jobs, Content Executive jobs, Content Manager jobs, Editor jobs, Writer jobs, Translator jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.