Email Marketing Executive for BBC
The BBC’s Direct Audience Engagement Team is continually exploring new opportunities to personalise its data-driven marketing activities and deepen longer-term engagement with known individuals.
We have access to a truly enviable selection of behavioural data segmentations that enables us to tailor email newsletters based on interactions across multiple BBC websites and apps. We know what types of content individuals watch on BBC iPlayer, listen to on BBC Sounds and read across BBC Sports, BBC News and BBC Food (to name just a few of our websites) and how often they visit (frequent, at risk, lapsed etc). We also have a lot of brilliant content, ranging from those big BBC moments we want everyone to know about, to niche genre titles targeted at very specific fan bases.
We’re looking for an experienced email marketing professional to join our CRM team to take full ownership of our weekly ‘Discover More With The BBC’ email newsletter. Opened by over 1m readers each week and sent in multiple personalised variants, this newsletter is a core pillar in the BBC’s ongoing retention strategy and key to ongoing audience content discovery.Role Responsibility
Reporting to the Head of CRM, this role will manage the end-to-end production and evolve the sophistication of the ‘Discover More With The BBC’ weekly email newsletter.
- Chair the weekly CRM Team newsletter meeting and co-ordinate multiple competing stakeholder nominations into a weekly curated laydown of content mapped to priority targeting segmentations.
- Manage and evolve the sophistication of the data and targeting strategy to ensure the newsletter is as personalised and audience-centric as possible.
- Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud to set up, test and deploy the newsletter.
- Write copy, choose images and chase internal stakeholders for trailer and image assets.
- Work with the CRM Analyst to help produce regular performance reports and make recommendations for continuous improvement or the content and targeting strategy.
- Work with the Head of CRM and Salesforce developers to continuously leverage our CRM technologies and evolve both the sophistication and breadth of the number of variants sent.
- Assist with other CRM team member activities from time to time.
- You thrive working to strict deadlines and fast turnaround times. You must be highly organised and a collaborative worker who relishes working in an incredibly busy team environment with numerous competing tasks, managing multiple stakeholders within a complex, matrix environment.
- You REALLY love all things data and email marketing.
- You possess demonstrable experience of the operational delivery and tactical ownership of end-to-end email campaign management from planning, list selection, segmentation, customer profiling, targeting, email build and deployment through to campaign analysis and performance reporting.
- You’re a seasoned data practitioner and have demonstrable experience in utilising diverse data sets for segmentation and contact targeting.
- You have experience in using a sophisticated email deployment platform (eg Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar) utilising email templates and rule based dynamic content to enable personalised & relevant messaging.
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below. You’ll be asked questions relating to them as part of your application for this role.
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background.
Technical SEO Executive
Closing 19 February 2019
- Become Recruitment UK
- £20,000 to 25,000 p/a
Graphic Designer for International Institute of Anti-Ageing
Closing 13 February 2019
- Institute of Anti-Ageing
- £29,000 pa plus great company benefits and working environment
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.