Editorial & Social Media Internship - Spring 2020
Discovery Interns are explorers; they dive headfirst into the world in front of them. They aren’t afraid to be uncomfortable and boldly embrace any obstacle or challenge as an opportunity to excel. They walk confidently into the uncharted territory and make the most of their experiences. They ask the questions that go beyond the surface.
Seek adventure, find your passion, forge your path with an Internship at Discovery.
Through Discovery’s Internship Program, you’ll have the unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the entertainment and media industry and learn from the leader in global entertainment.
Here’s what we offer:
- Opportunity to immerse yourself and get your hands dirty with challenging work and projects.
- Mentorship from Discovery’s best and brightest.
- Intern Speaker Series featuring top executives and employees across the business.
- Networking opportunities with great snacks.
- A creative, collaborative and inclusive company culture with office spaces to match.
Here’s what you’ll take away:
- Opportunity to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had.
- The insider scoop on the TV industry and what happens behind the scenes.
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career.
- Real life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure.
What you need to know:
- This spring, our 12 week semester will be held from January 27th-April 17th 2020.
- Our internships are paid opportunities. Credit is not required; however, we will provide documentation if necessary.
- The application deadline is November 15th. After this date, we cannot guarantee your application will be reviewed for the position.
- We do not require a cover letter. Please demonstrate your passion for the position through your resume.
Interviewing will take place from September through December. A Discovery Intern team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Our digital and social media teams throughout Discovery are responsible for creating original content for network websites as well as create social media content for our brands. These teams help drive tune-in to our networks and traffic to our websites while serving as liaisons to our communities of superfans.
We have a number of internship opportunities across networks such as HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel and more.
As an Editorial Intern, your adventure could lead you to work on projects and tasks such as:
• Workflow organization for social team.
• Offer creative input on content and strategies for managing social platforms and conversations.
• Research new industry trends.
• Market shows, talents and events on social media.
• Pick stock photos for articles, research story ideas for our daily news videos, help track down photos for these videos, and even write our daily news scripts.
• Assist editors with building articles, photo galleries, and videos for our online properties.
• Assist in implementing keyword research and SEO data in the creation of new content.
* Must be currently enrolled as a student (proof of enrollment will be required if selected for an internship).
* Must be a current Junior, Senior, or Graduate student.
* Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Please note this position is located in KNOXVILLE. If selected for an opportunity, interns are responsible for securing their own housing.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic informatio
Content Editor (Contract)
Closing 4 January 2020
- San Francisco
- temp, temp to perm
Social Media Manager
Closing 2 January 2020
- Long Beach
Want more Editorial & Social Media Internship - Spring 2020 jobs?
Want to find more Digital Editor jobs, Social Media Executive jobs, Assistant Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Assistant jobs, Online Editor jobs, Video Editor jobs, Copy Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.