Amazon Publishing is looking to hire an experienced and market-savvy Editorial Director.
The Editorial Director (based in London) will lead and inspire our team of editors and is the key editorial expert for Amazon Publishing UK imprint.
You’ll discover and evaluate books in a variety of categories, manage author and agent relationships, and support the publishing team to deliver quality books and world-class author experiences.
This is a multifaceted job in a start-up environment that requires a highly motivated leader with solid business judgement and high levels of ownership as well as a willingness to learn and collaborate.
Your focus will be:
· Monitoring format, category trends, sales, and customer review data for books and developing and maintaining strong relationships with authors, literary agents, publishers, and industry contacts.
· Identifying new leads from publishers and agents, help evaluating projects and mobilizing the editorial team to move quickly on opportunities.
· Guiding the local editorial team to ensure that they are raising the bar in editorial and author care.
· Working closely with our internal teams (e.g. Finance, Operations, Marketing) to track work through publication.
· Providing leadership, guidance, and development opportunities for your direct reports.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· 3+ Years of people management.
· 5+ Years of publishing and/or editorial experience.
· 5+ years of author and agent relationship management.
· Familiarity with editorial and production process.
· Demonstrated creativity in identifying new business opportunities.
· Bonus points for strong analytical skills and the ability and desire to use a variety of data to make decisions, back up proposals, and measure results.
Production Manager, Business and Education Markets
Closing 29 September 2020
Social Editor - Tyla
Closing 28 September 2020
- LADbible Group
Want more Editorial Director jobs?
Want to find more Deputy Editor jobs, Editor jobs, Editorial Director jobs, Managing Editor jobs, Production Editor jobs, Deputy Editor jobs, Managing Editor (Publishing) jobs, Publishing Editor jobs? Then make sure you take a look at our full listing of jobs on our jobs board or browse through our jobs by job title or by company.
Join our Community
To keep up to date with any jobs that come on the site you can register here. By registering you can build your own super stylish profile, connect with colleagues and companies and keep up with what is happening in the industry.